the Crown and Bermuda

fizzy

We were wondering if any recent cruisers had any comments or observations regarding the Bermuda trip this year? I am beginning to wonder why there is so little feedback on this ship in general. Somebody else had asked this question recently and we were looking forward to the replies. When I went to see if there was anything new, I couldn't find the post at all! We are very seasoned Bermuda cruisers, just not familiar with the Crown. I am sure any cruise will be wonderful but insights would be most welcome. Thanks

I was on the Crown to Bermuda (from Philly) last October. It was my 4th cruise, and by far my best ever. My theory on why there isn't much feedback on the Crown is for 2 reasons: 1.) Not a lot of negatives - I think people are more inclined to post when their blood is boiling, and 2.) Being an older ship, the ammenities are basic - completely adequate and wonderful, yet basic. There is no boxing ring to comment on, or a wave pool (on purpose, anyway;) )

Now, getting to the Crown itself, the ship was clean and the crew was wonderful. I didn't indulge in any spa treatments, but I toured it, and it was the most modern area on the ship - I won't skip a treatment next time! We ate in the Seven Seas Dining Room every night except for 2, and the service was top notch, along with the food. I particularly enjoyed the Cooking Light selections off of the menu.

Also figure, that you are docked in Bermuda for almost half of the cruise, so I spent as much time as I could exploring Bermuda, and not the Crown. Bermuda, for me, was the highlight of my vacation and the Crown made the trip out to & back from the island enjoyable. The shows were entertaining, our room was clean and comfortable - I can't think of a single complaint from the whole week.

Do you have any specific questions? I took like 200 pictures during the week - If you're looking for something specific, I can see if I have pictures. I didn't stay in a suite, so I only have a picture of an inside room (very basic).

Enjoy your trip - let me know if I can help further!

We were wondering if any recent cruisers had any comments or observations regarding the Bermuda trip this year? I am beginning to wonder why there is so little feedback on this ship in general. Somebody else had asked this question recently and we were looking forward to the replies. When I went to see if there was anything new, I couldn't find the post at all! We are very seasoned Bermuda cruisers, just not familiar with the Crown. I am sure any cruise will be wonderful but insights would be most welcome. Thanks
We're sailing 5/21, and will post a member review upon our return. We've cruised many times, but this will be our first on the Crown. Can't wait !!

Julie, Actually I am staying in an inside cabin on Deck 4 on the 9/24 sailing--I'd love to see your cabin pics (they do have those generic ones online, but I never seem to find "real" ones, if you know what I mean). Do you have a link for them?

Hi Fizzy and all...

we were on the Crown last May from Philly to Bermuda and absolutley loved. Yes it is a smaller ship but it was clean, the crew friendly and helpful, beds were comfortable and the food was great. We ate in the 7 Seas everyday and then my husband and son had a second meal in the Yacht Club too. We spent a lot of time in Bermuda itself and then just used the Crown as our floating hotel and restaurant.

We loved it soooooo much my husband and I are going again on 06/04. I have pictures of our inside cabin and we are doing another inside cabin this time too. We are in a superior inside stateroom on the Riveria deck this time as opposed to last year which was on the Playa deck (I think).

We came thru a terrible storm on our way back on Sat (last day at sea) and as bad as that was for all of us the crew that could work - worked so well you could barely tell that 45% of the crew was sick.

Anyway I will try to figure out how to link our cruise photos for you.

Linda

We were on the Crown sailing on 4/30. We really enjoyed it. The ship is small, needs a little work but clean, the crew great, food ok. This is the way to see Bermuda. Be sure to use your dine around coupon. We had dinner at the Carriage House in St George. Ship docks in great locations. Street fairs in St George and also Hamilton when we were docked. Great to walk off the ship after dinner and see the sights.

Louise in FLA

We were a group of 20 that used our vouchers and the cost of the meal was $900. It cost the group $62. Alcohol drinks not included or kids dinners. Food was excellent. Located just a short walk from the ship.

Louise

Archived