Online Check In

kingsrx

I have just printed out our docs for online checkin. It seems the difference is having all of your informational docs and credit docs already on file when you arrive versus having to have them enter the info when you arrive. Appears to make it as simple as having them scan your boarding pass and walking onto the ship after security.

But, I will definitely be able to tell you more after June 3!

Hi Everyone !

I highly recommend doing it online. It cuts your check in time at the pier, to a few minutes. I will always use the online check-in, as it makes the whole process a breeze.

I have just printed out our docs for online checkin. It seems the difference is having all of your informational docs and credit docs already on file when you arrive versus having to have them enter the info when you arrive. Appears to make it as simple as having them scan your boarding pass and walking onto the ship after security.

But, I will definitely be able to tell you more after June 3!

You're right- that is the advantage - provided that you are using a card to secure your onboard charges. No more waiting for somebody to computer enter your info at the pier.

You may still have to wait in line to check in and get your sign and sail card/room key depending on how many people are there.

Our group of 8 all did the online checkin for our Hawaii cruise in January. None of the cousins had ever sailed Celebrity before and did it on my sayso.

Lo and behold! Here we were at the dock w/huge lines because the computers needed to access our documentation were not working. So everything had to be redone by hand. I did feel sorry for the people doing the check in as the passengers were giving them a hard time about it.

So I'm sure it saves a lot of hassle if it works correctly. Our next cruise is on Princess so we will see how it goes for them.

Archived