Transatlantic Special Promotion

xplrcrzn

I noticed that Seabourn is heavily promoting the September 29, 2006 transatlantic, Seabourn Pride London to Gloucester, MA. They are offering 50% discount, two free nights in London and 200 pound sterling gift certificate to Harrods. So what's "wrong" with this cruise besides possible bad weather on the North Atlantic? Is the weather a big enough potential problem to scare most folks away?

Why are the Westbound transatlantics up to 2-3 times the price of the eastbounds?, even with discounts? I know they're a couple days longer, but, jeez... Pride westbound 2007 is nearly $7000 after discount!:eek:

One thing to note is that the promotion (at least here in the US) does not include any single run of ship rates and the percentage discount is different, so you really need to do the math to be sure you are getting the best overall price.

I actually loved the old itinerary, which was 18 days from London via the British Isles to St. John's, and then down the eastern seaboard to NY. I would do that again in a heartbeat, if it were offered.

Denyse

Wow!

Hooked & Booked already for this TransAtlantic Crosssing.

Crossings being my favorite as day by day, port by port “is my idea of nothing to do” (thank you Cole!)

cadum

• 4 weeks later...
Johnnycruise,

Seabourn is offering a free transfer from Logan to Gloucester. They chose Gloucester 'cause it's so cute, and because they can.

My TA called Seabourn and learned that transfer to BOS from Gloucester would be $100 per person! Say it isn't so! The commuter train might be a better choice in that case.

Wilbar45,

Have your TA check again. There was some confusion.

I have checked and, because they originally advertised the port as Boston this year, they will be providing one, or in some cases- two transfers free of charge.

For folks flying into Logan too early to go directly to the ship, they will be transfered to a downtown Boston venue, from which they can explore Boston, until time to transfer on to Gloucester and the ship.

Folks arriving later will be taken right to the ship.

Same way outbound from Gloucester--either to Boston proper for awhile or directly to Logan for flights.

"As good as their word!"

bgood

Archived