Customer Service and Bar Set Up FYI

IMACRUZRNOW

Hi all, Just an fyi that I received great service today from NCL while booking my excursions, bon voyage gifts and inquiring about a bar set up.

It was a long hold time, but excellent service.

As for bar set up. For absolut and rum (don't remember which) $40 Each. Kaluah (sp?) - $55. for domestic beer $4.54 (same price as bar including gratuity) for imported $5.18 (some of the imports are corona, guiness, amstel, heinkein, etc). Plus a $3 set up fee per room.

Cheers!

It is nice to read a positive experience. I have always been lucky with NCL, that is why we choose to sail them so ofter (or certainly one of the reasons) it is also why I am happy when clients choose NCL< but I do know some have had horrible experiences with customer service. It just depends on who you get at any given time. I will admit, I have had some less than happy experiences with Orient lines which is under the NCL unbrella. They do some unsusual intineraries which is why I book them from time to time, but the land offices do need some serious help. Does this stop me? NOpe, it makes we laugh as I am shaking my head when I get off the phone. All is well that ends well. NMNita

It is nice to read a positive experience. I have always been lucky with NCL, that is why we choose to sail them so ofter (or certainly one of the reasons) it is also why I am happy when clients choose NCL< but I do know some have had horrible experiences with customer service. It just depends on who you get at any given time. I will admit, I have had some less than happy experiences with Orient lines which is under the NCL unbrella. They do some unsusual intineraries which is why I book them from time to time, but the land offices do need some serious help. Does this stop me? NOpe, it makes we laugh as I am shaking my head when I get off the phone. All is well that ends well. NMNita

Hi newmexicoNita!

Yes, I feel the same way. I'm generally able to get want I want/need regardless of the person's attitude/ability on the other end of the line (so I don't sweat it). It is such a breath of fresh air to get someone in customer service that actually seems to like people. She efficiently booked my execursion, she helped me with my gifts (though she could have transferred me to another dept.) and took the time to make me laugh while she fumbled with a couple of the steps to get my long order processed. The person that helped me with the bar set up wasn't as friendly, but she made up for it in knowledge and efficiency!

Made sure to speak with the supervisor to give them the kudos they deserve.

We sailed to the Mexican Riviera on the Star a few weeks back and ordered the in room bar service. When we got to the room it was a bottle of Vodka. Thats it. No glasses no mixers no lemons or limes (it was 2.75 for a 4oz. can of cranberry juice. The bottle was $4o plus $3 set up fee (set up fee putting the bottle on your desk ) the vodka sells for 11.95 in the onboard store. It was quit the rip-off. We never opened the bottle and requested a refund for the difference :eek: 43$ we spent and the 11.95 it cost. Don't do it. Not woth it.

We sailed to the Mexican Riviera on the Star a few weeks back and ordered the in room bar service. When we got to the room it was a bottle of Vodka. Thats it. No glasses no mixers no lemons or limes (it was 2.75 for a 4oz. can of cranberry juice. The bottle was $4o plus $3 set up fee (set up fee putting the bottle on your desk ) the vodka sells for 11.95 in the onboard store. It was quit the rip-off. We never opened the bottle and requested a refund for the difference :eek: 43$ we spent and the 11.95 it cost. Don't do it. Not woth it.

Hi fdk71265!

I've been on the Star! Loved it!

As for the bar set up. I'm aware it doesn't include mixers which is ok with me...I can only do sugar free, so I bring crystal light to mix, and diet coke. My hubby and I don't drink alot regularly ;) but found on a cruise...we are total BOOZERS :rolleyes:

So with it being an Alaskan cruise and a balcony room...we'll be in the room more often than last time. I think $40 for a liter is not a great deal, but worth it for us. Our bar tab on our last cruise was almost $1000.

Though you may be right, I'm gonna give it a go anyway. Either that or hit the betty ford clinic before hand. I'll let you know how it goes upon my return. :D

You guys sound like us. We get on a cruise then we need AA when we get home. The bar service would have been great if a mixer and other things would have been included. We took the spirit to alaska and cranberry juice was free from the buffet. To see a bottle of vodka sitting there was a let down. But it was fun and yes we broke over a $1,000 in our bar tab too...

This might seem like a silly question. Can you buy a bottle of wine on the ship for your stateroom?

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne! You mean while on the cruise? I'm not sure, I think so. I pre ordered a bon voyage basket (fruit and wine for $20). I ordered one red and one white. The wine is not great but $20 is a pretty good deal considering the price of wine on the ship. I've also had them send my 'left over' wine from dinner to my room.

This might seem like a silly question. Can you buy a bottle of wine on the ship for your stateroom?

Jeanne

Not silly at all.

Yes, you can buy wine for your stateroom. You pay the same price as if you bought it at the bar or at a restaurant. Unlike the bar setups for hard stuff, there are no deals. Full price.

You can order ahead of time as well. I think it is buried in here someplace.

By the way, the person that was upset over the $30 bottle of vodka vs. the $10.95 in the store is missing the point. If your were to buy it by the drink,you would pay over $150 give or take. $30 to have it in your room and available for your daily (hourly) happy hour is worth it. Wish they did a decent deal for wine.

Thank you all for your answers. We have usually gotten wine from our TA or group leader delivered to our room. This time we booked thru NCL so I figure there will be no "free wine".

Thanks again,

Jeanne

We were on the Sun a few years ago and there was a wine "deal" which allowed you to get 1 free bottle of wine after buying 5. Is this still available?

Hi Chris209, The deal was still available as of August, and I think I've seen it on some of the dailies that have been posted since then.

Is the beer price per bottle?

Kerrie

Yes, well actually, she told me by can. I've seen others post that it is per bottle. I will get clarification of can/bottle, ounces, etc when I call back to actually order.

6-7 drinks per bottle...I want you as my bartender.:rolleyes:

PE

That's funny! When I saw that post the other day, I, honestly, wasn't sure how many oz were in a liter. But isn't it around 33oz? That's a lot of drinks for me!

Wow! This is a lot of money for one can of beer. It cost the same as some six packs. So I guess a case of beer would probably cost close to 120$. :eek:

Kerrie

Hi kerriedale,

Yes, but its the same price you will pay at the bar. So if you plan on spending a lot of time at the bar and don't want to keep going back to your cabin to grab beers, it's not worth ordering in the bar set up. And if your room doesn't have a fridge, its not worth it at all. And the fridge is way small too.

I'm cruising with some folks that won't have a lot of money for bar hopping so I'm stocking their room with beer as a bon voyage gift (that's all they drink).

Ncl will bring you a big yellow football helmet filled with ice and your choice of beer. You buy 5 beers for about 4.00 to 4.50 each depending on the brand and you get 1 free plus you pay a $5 deposit for the helmet which can be used over and over again to restock with beer and ice. After the cruise is over you get a $5 credit for the helmet. Unless you want to keep it. I can just see all the people getting to the airport wearing a big bright yellow football helmet.:eek:

Archived