Playa Uvas

rscima

Just got back to Galveston. We had the BEST time at Playa Uvas!!! The sun, the water, the snorkeling, the food, the drinks, the staff, all absolutely wonderful!!! We were met by name by Carmen, we did the snorkel tour great as well, we saw tons of starfish, a baracuda, lobster, and every kind of fish I could imagine. After we ate our fajitas we were about to go back out when our waiter (sorry can't remember his name, did I mention drinks?lol) asked us to wait a moment. The next thing I knew out came a beautiful birthday cake. They sang to us (My b-day 12-12, Mother in Laws 12-20), gave us tequila slammers, shook up our heads. It was great!! The funny thing is that I don't remember ever telling any one there that it was our birthday cruise. They must have read it on another thread or something. Now that's service. We will definately be returning on our next trip.

Thanks so much Eduardo, Carmen and everyone else. You really made our birthdays special.

Seeker,

Thanks so much for your review of your dive lessons. I never thought I'd want to do that, but from reading your review now I'm considering it! Also, I'll be checking into the Fiesta. I didn't realize it was so close to Uvas!

I have one of those "one day" trips to Cozumel when I sail the Ecstasy for the 8th time in late January, but I've asked Santa to send me to Coz on a plane next summer for a longer stay.

Glad you had such a good time!

Lady,

Can't wait to see your photos!!

To all of you Uvies,

Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year!

Have you seen the Playa Uvas logo items now for sale? They make great gifts! I've already ordered my Playa Uvas travel mug!

Just got back to Galveston. We had the BEST time at Playa Uvas!!! The sun, the water, the snorkeling, the food, the drinks, the staff, all absolutely wonderful!!! We were met by name by Carmen, we did the snorkel tour great as well, we saw tons of starfish, a baracuda, lobster, and every kind of fish I could imagine. After we ate our fajitas we were about to go back out when our waiter (sorry can't remember his name, did I mention drinks?lol) asked us to wait a moment. The next thing I knew out came a beautiful birthday cake. They sang to us (My b-day 12-12, Mother in Laws 12-20), gave us tequila slammers, shook up our heads. It was great!! The funny thing is that I don't remember ever telling any one there that it was our birthday cruise. They must have read it on another thread or something. Now that's service. We will definately be returning on our next trip.

Thanks so much Eduardo, Carmen and everyone else. You really made our birthdays special.

Its great you had a good time. We are leaving the 4th of Jan for New Orleans. Can't wait to get away from all this tree damage. Hopfully I will have electric before I go. Tulsa got hammered.

Did you take a cab there. There will be 4 of us and some of us like to play things by ear. We just want to take a cab and show up there. Do you think that will be possible or do I need to book online. With it being the off season, i figured we don't need to book ahead of time.

A cab is $10 for all 4 of us correct not per person?

And the prices there (for the packages) will be the same as listed on the internet?

Thanks and I hope your home is not too damaged.

How busy was it when you were there.

Chelsea,

Welcome to the Uvas thread! :)

Actually, January-February-March are the very HIGH season months for Cozumel...all of those snow birds flocking south for some sun and warmth!

It would be best to make a reservation or to email Eduardo to let him know you're planning to come, at least. That way he can hold some space for you.

The $10-$12 USD is for up to 4 passengers. Cabs are plentiful to and from Uvas.

Have a wonderful trip!

Chelsea,

Welcome to the Uvas thread! :)

Actually, January-February-March are the very HIGH season months for Cozumel...all of those snow birds flocking south for some sun and warmth!

It would be best to make a reservation or to email Eduardo to let him know you're planning to come, at least. That way he can hold some space for you.

The $10-$12 USD is for up to 4 passengers. Cabs are plentiful to and from Uvas.

Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you very much for the great information. I sure didn't know that it was the high season. I will atleast email him. Thanks for the link

We booked Playa Uvas on-line and it was all went very smooth. Quick and easy to grab a taxi to get there - just confirm the price before he takes you - I think we paid $10 for the two of us.

The staff was very friendly and very quick to get you whatever you needed to keep you happy for the day.

Lunch was much nicer than I expected. Food was very tasty and nicely presented. Margaritas were good - although not very strong.

Corey took us on a clear kayak tour (our first time to kayak and we found it much more challenging than canoeing - but I am glad we did it). He generously offered to add the snorkel tour as well and we enjoyed that alot.

We spluged and spend $30 pp for massages on the beach. Heavenly!! Money well spent and something we will long remember and would definitely do again.

The beach wasn't a powdery, white sand beach -- but then I guess we wouldn't have had the good snorkeling if we hadn't had the rocks and roughness of the shoreline. The water was very pretty.

When we were ready to leave, a taxi was waiting for us and we had met another couple so we paid $10 total for the 4 of us to return to the ship.

We enjoyed our day at Playa Uvas very much and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Kathy

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let ya know that I'm done w/my review but I'm slowly uploading my pics to photobucket. Once I have my pics uploaded I will post my review w/pictures!!! It's better to have a review w/pics---at least I think it is! lol

Anywho,

Stir,artseeker and everyone else I hope ya'll have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year's!

Just 6 days left until my return to Playa Uvas. Bringing my daughters this time. We can't wait to be greeted by Carmen and have our margaritas and massages! I've done nothing but tell the girls (who both had big birthdays in the past month- 18 and21!!!) about how great everyone is since I spent the day there in July for my birthday!!

I'll write another wonderful review, I'm sure,when we return and will post some pictures.

Can't wait to see you all there!!!

Have any of you Uvas fans also been to Playa Mia or Nachi Cocum? I'm trying to figure out the best option for us? Thoughts on any of the other two in comparison?

Kim

Kim, we went to Uvas on Dec. 13 this year, we went to Playa Mia last year Thanksgiving day. We enjoyed both very much, but both very different. For snorkeling I would go to Uvas, snorkeling tour worth every penny and a tip! If it's beach you're after then Playa Mia is great. I can't compare either to Nachi Cocum as we haven't made it there, and after going to Uva's we may never make it there. Did I mention the GREAT service at Uva's? They were the best!!:D

Just wanted to second everyone's glowing reviews of Playa Uvas. We were there in March and it was fantastic, the favorite day of our cruise.

In a few days, I'll be spending a week in Cozumel at an all inclusive resort, and we are going to visit Eduardo and Carmen at Playa Uvas and pay for a day there, just because it's so great. (When we could stay at our own resort and drink and eat for free.)

I got married on Dec. 1, 2007 at Playa Uvas. From the first time I went to Playa Uvas I knew that this would be the place I would love to get married…great service, delicious food and drinks!!! Who wouldn’t!!!!

We arrived to Cancun on Nov. 28th and on Dec. 1st I took the ferry over to Cozumel got into a taxi and got my hair and makeup done. 2 hours later I took another taxi to Playa Uvas where my future husband and mom would be waiting for me to arrive. Shortly after arriving to Uvas I was greeted by Eduardo, Carmen, and of course our photographer, Jose Villalvazo. Our wedding coordinator Fiona wasn’t able to make it due to extenuating circumstances but she wished us the best & we knew that Eduardo would take great care of us! (Which he did!) After taking a couple of pics of me, off I went to get married!!

DSC_0785.jpgDSC_0812.jpg

The music began, and boy, I walked fast down to where my future husband stood! Of course when I saw my fiancé my eyes began to water and I was trying so hard to smile and fight back the tears!!

DSC_0805.jpgDSC_0822.jpg

Finally, I arrived to where my fiancé stood and the pastor began to speak. It was a small wedding and a small ceremony.

DSC_0838.jpgDSC_0892.jpg

Soon after we said I do, it began to rain!!!

I hate to leave ya'll hanging like this but please read part 2!! :-P

Okay, so where was I?? Just messing w/ya'll! After we said "We do" shortly thereafter it began to rain. We took cover at the bar and waited for the clouds to pass. About 20 minutes later we began to take more pictures and finally we ate our lunch and had some cake. Let me just say that the cake was DELICIOUS!!! YUMMY!! The table and the floral centerpiece was so pretty.

DSC_1027.jpgDSC_0902.jpg

After an hour or so my cousin and I did the snorkel tour which was awesome b/c we were the only ones on the tour!!! My husband and my mom stayed behind. I saw tons of fishes, we even saw a eel!! I think they are scary…neat but scary and ugly…lol

We left Playa Uvas around 4:30pm and took the ferry over to Playa del Carmen. I’m extremely happy w/myself that I decided to have a destination wedding! If I didn’t have a destination wedding I’m sure I would have been stressed before, during and after the wedding!! I wasn’t stressed before, after or during the wedding. I was sooo relaxed and calm before I got married. My hairdresser even mentioned how calm and relaxed I was. I’m so happy that I got married at Playa Uvas! I don’t think I could’ve found a better wedding planner, photographer, location, and service anywhere other then Playa Uvas!!

Here are some pics that we took w/the photographer..my favorite pics!!

DSC_1076.jpgDSC_1085.jpgDSC_0955.jpgDSC_0946.jpg

THE END!! I hope ya'll enjoyed reading my review!!

DSC_0805.jpg

DSC_0838.jpg

lady in tex

thanks for the review i enjoy it very much, you got married with a beautiful beautiful wedding dress, i LOVE it, im not planning my wedding yet :rolleyes: but may i ask where can i find a wedding dress like yours? :D

do i see some tiny shines in the upper part of the dress? :confused: or the screen of my lap and the sun of the beach are playing with my eyes?

Hey Stir, I emailed Carmen & Eduardo & still haven't heard back from them (it's only been 5 days, Christmas holiday perhaps?) Anyway, I was beginning to panic a bit as there are 13 of us hoping to get in for our trip on the Ecstasy (in 2 weeks) any other email addresses for them? I used the one on the web & the one that Carmen gave me & I also used the link you gave already. I fell in love with this place in October & was really hoping to share with my friends.

Thanks,

Teresa

Lady,

Bless your heart! You were gorgeous and your wedding looked lovely. Wish I could have been there! Thanks for the photos.

Tis,

Sorry, I didn't get back on here quick enough to answer your question! I see that you got things resolved anyway!

The year is ending badly for me. My old dog (almost 13 years old in people years) passed away yesterday. I've been totally sad ever since...even though I still have two wonderful dogs, two cats, two mini-donkeys, and three horses...

Lady,

Bless your heart! You were gorgeous and your wedding looked lovely. Wish I could have been there! Thanks for the photos.

Tis,

Sorry, I didn't get back on here quick enough to answer your question! I see that you got things resolved anyway!

The year is ending badly for me. My old dog (almost 13 years old in people years) passed away yesterday. I've been totally sad ever since...even though I still have two wonderful dogs, two cats, two mini-donkeys, and three horses...

Stir,

So sadened for the loss of your baby. My family has always said that if they were to die, they'd want to come back as a pet in our house because we just love them so much.

Remember the good times.

Take care.

Teresa

Kltina,

Thank you and yes, my dress does have some sparkles on top...I'll try to find a upclose pic of my dress. I bought my dress at a small wedding store where I live but the lady bought the dress from a big manufacturer...I don't know who...If you are interested I can find out from who.

Stir,

Thank you for your comments. I also want to say I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure your dog was a great companion.

Kltina,

Thank you and yes, my dress does have some sparkles on top...I'll try to find a upclose pic of my dress. I bought my dress at a small wedding store where I live but the lady bought the dress from a big manufacturer...I don't know who...If you are interested I can find out from who..

Lady: Happy New Year....if you find that dress photo i would love to see that sparkles top closer, dont worry for the store name maybe a lady-tailor can make it if i find the sparkle fabric..

im sorry to have this conversation in this tread but i loved your dress and wnt something similar for myself

Today we have 8 or 9 ships on port and since yesterday there is a "BIG Norte" :mad: ... weather is trrible (windy, cloudy, big ocean waves), not a good day for beach or marine sports.. we hope tomorrow the Norte is gonne

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that Uvas is as wonderful as ever. My daughters and I were there last Sat. and were greeted by Carmen and Eduardo as if we were family. We secured our beach bed and went off the have our massages. The weather was very hot and humid, but the breeze off the ocean was lovely.

Had a minor issue with flies, as they seemed to come out of nowhere and swarm us while we were eating. :( The staff did all they could to try to get rid of them, but it caused a real problem for my daughter so we didn't stay as long as we would have otherwise.

However, it was a wonderful day and I'm sorry I don't have another trip scheduled!

Happy New Year!