Playa Uvas

rscima

Do they give you a pillow or something to raise you head if you have a beach bed? I absolutely can't lay flat on my back for very long! Can you get an umbrella over it too as I burn really quickly? Thanks

No pillow, but I used a rolled up beach towel. Umbrellas are available, too.

No pillow, but I used a rolled up beach towel. Umbrellas are available, too.

Just got back from Carnival Legend yesterday, and am still reorienting to Real Life Time. I'm planning a long review later this week, but wanted to say THANK YOU to all who recommended Uvas. DH and I had a fabulous time with many margaritas and an AMAZING massage. The whole experience was heavenly.

With the beach bed, we had an umbrella and two pillows. It was nice and cozy, however, we were so busy with other stuff, massage, snorkeling, the hammocks and the gorgeous water, that we didn't spend a lot of time on the bed. But this is a GREAT place and we can not wait to go back. I want to spend several days in Cozumel, and we will be visiting Playa Uvas at least 2 -3 times on that trip.

Hey! I just got back and had a great time! We did the snorkel which was awesome! I rented the beach bed which was 10 bucks and well worth it. It was super comfortable. It came with 2 pillows and had an umbrella. My friend got the massage and said it was one of the best! Later!

waiting for ur review, as we are going on 10/27.................thanks

Your wish is my command, my friend! :)

I booked the all-inclusive package for myself and DH, and included a 30 minute massage for both of us from the website. Eduardo was great, and I chose to prepay via Paypal before we left.

DH and I took a cab from port to Uvas, $10 each way for both. It was about a 15 minute trip to Uvas, we passed some pretty and not so pretty (but definately not scary) areas. We had originally thought we'd check in around 11am - not remembering the time difference. We arrived early (around 9:30) and checked in with Carmen. Our names were written on the chalkboard alond with one other couple. Carmen showed us around the facility, and introduced us to the bar staff. She explained that a snorkeling group was about to leave, and that we could join that group. Our guides were Jorge and Jorge (sp). I strongly recommend beach shoes, as the walk down the beach was pretty rocky. A few kids didn't have shoes and they were walking VERY gingerly towards the end. The water was beautiful and clear. About half of our group got stung by jellyfish, but nothing traumatic. I also got stung - on the butt. The snorkeling was fun, DH had a hard time, though. Note to all the guys with facial hair - trim your moustaches or goatees down a lot prior to snorkeling. Hair messes up the seal. DH's mask kept filling up, and he also got a mouthful of sea water. I loved the snorkeling and had a wonderful time.

PA030360.jpg

Next, we went on the clear kayaking tour. Our guide took us to see some coral formations and more fish. The visibility was pretty good through the kayaks, although I made a pretty poor captain. I was delegated the job of looking pretty while holding my paddle above the water while DH did the work.

PA030403.jpg

There were two groups alternating tours during this time. All these people had booked through Carnival for their $79 kayak and snorkel excursion. When we were done, the guide handed them their "Free drink" coupon and directed them to the fruit buffet behind the bar. It was great to walk up to the bar, flash my all-inclusive bracelet and have as many drinks as I wanted. We placed our orders with Raul, who was incredibly accommodating. As we were eating our delicious fajitas, the first group of cruisers left, and a second group arrived. We met the other all-inclusive couple (HI!!!) who also found Uvas on the CC website. I will say, many of the Carnival excursion people commented on how great our lunch looked. Raul had us cracking up, he kept calling DH Mr. Clean (he shaves his head). Donde es Senor Clean, Raul???

After lunch it was time for our massages. I booked 30 minutes for each of us, and will say that any longer and I would have been in a bliss-enduced coma. This was such an amazing experience - I didn't even notice that the excursion people had left the bar area and were out on their kayaks. We had been on jetskis the day before, and my forearms and shoulders were killing from hanging on for dear life (another review to be posted in the Grand Cayman forum) so she spent a lot of time on my arms. The heat of the sun, sound of the waves, scent of the massage oil... I was truly in heaven!

I carefully walked around the drool puddle at the end of the table (from me of course) and found DH snoozing on the beach under an umbrella. He staggered (Raul kept those margarita glasses full) to the massage table while I headed to the bar. A few margaritas and multiple Corona-type feet pictures later, DH staggered back to the beach. He agreed that the massages were a great idea. He had argued with me before we left about the beach, but that seemed to be long gone from his mind.

PA030425.jpg

We got into the pool for a short while and wandered around the little gift shop. When it was time to head back, we easily caught a cab and returned to port. I'm glad we took many pictures, because after the massage, most of the day was a blur. This includes the picture of me at the dock with the Mexican feather hat on my head, dancing with maracas with the Carnival picture people.

This was absolutely my favorite day of the trip. Uvas is gorgeous, everyone is so friendly. The pace was laid-back and so relaxed. You'll have a wonderful time!

Lady, I uploaded them to photobucket dot com, then posted the IMG code into my post. CC also showed mine as being too big. :)

Glad you liked the pics. I have the one with the two chairs as my background at work... helps me relax during a hectic day!

We Just got back yesterday from our 1st cruise and OMG..wish I was there now!!!

Playa Uvas was wonderful! At first, I was a little apprehensive about what I saw but then realized that it was so personable and the service was to die for!! Had such a great time snorkeling~ although Jorge said we would walk about 100 yards..HA...more like 200 yards!!! I slipped off the sand bag leading us out to the water, couldnt get the snorkeling down until the last 20 mins or so...BUT when I did get the hang of it..OMG...wonderful!

We saw a huge lobster and a stingray while snorkeling!

Kiko was our server and he was AWESOME!!!! Giselle gave the best massage anyone could ask for! Carmen and Kiko brought me a Happy birthday cake~tres leches~ and it was awesome!!

Had Miami vices (too many to count) and they were sooo good!!!

Wish we could have stayed longer but we wanted to do some shopping...

The morning seemed to hurry by...but it was so relaxing!

Definetly NOT a place to take kids since it is not kid friendly and not BEACHY~ but it is a nice couples place to relax!!! Will be back there on our next cruise.!!!!! If only to say hellO!!!!

We too were there w/Momma2Ruby! LOVED IT!! There were no more than 4 of us on the beach at any given time. Fabulous! We loved the snorkeling, there were what like 10 in our group? That was great, current was a bit strong but the fish were amazing. I enjoyed seeing the underwater caves, lobster & stingray. Didn't see the eel that our guide saw, however, he took a picture for us, we'll see. The service was impecable, it felt like you had known the staff a lifetime. I loved that. I'll be back in January with a group of friends. Should be a great time.

Any questions?

Lady, I uploaded them to photobucket dot com, then posted the IMG code into my post. CC also showed mine as being too big. :)

Glad you liked the pics. I have the one with the two chairs as my background at work... helps me relax during a hectic day!

good idea! Thanks for the tip!! I don't have my memory card w/me at work but maybe tomorrow i can post some of my pics of when I went in August.

I love that pic that you took w/the two chairs...i thought it was very relaxing!! :D

momma and tisabee,

Glad to read that ya'll enjoyed Playa Uvas!! The long walk was a good exercise for me after all the food I ate on the cruise!! lol :)

I thought that it was good exercise too! Loved that place & can't wait to go back!

My wife & I just got back from Cozumel. We were on the October 6th Carnival Ecstasy. Before we left on the advice of one of these threads we booked the excursion directly through the PlayUvas Website. The all day pass was $20 cheaper and included a full meal (not just fruit plate), open bar (we don't drink, but got several bottles of water), free locker & beach umbrella. We caught a taxi ($10) and arrived well before the ship tour and stayed as long as we liked and there was a taxi waiting to take us back. Both activities (snorkeling & kayaking) were good, but since they did them back to back we were pretty tired when we finished. The staff was great. There is no doubt we would go back on our next trip to Coz!

My wife & I just got back from Cozumel. We were on the October 6th Carnival Ecstasy. Before we left on the advice of one of these threads we booked the excursion directly through the PlayUvas Website. The all day pass was $20 cheaper and included a full meal (not just fruit plate), open bar (we don't drink, but got several bottles of water), free locker & beach umbrella. We caught a taxi ($10) and arrived well before the ship tour and stayed as long as we liked and there was a taxi waiting to take us back. Both activities (snorkeling & kayaking) were good, but since they did them back to back we were pretty tired when we finished. The staff was great. There is no doubt we would go back on our next trip to Coz!

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed Playa Uvas!! I can't wait to go back there in Dec. again. I have always booked w/them via their website. You get such a better deal w/them direclty vs. the ship.

P.S. If ya'll are wondering I brought my memory card w/me to work to upload some pics but I realized that my modem here at work doesn't have a slot for me to place my memory card. I will have to upload some pics at home. :rolleyes:

Also, can you walk to the facilities of Chankanaab Park like the Lagoon or Dolphin Discovery since Playa Uvas is supposedly located in that vicinity?

My DD and I walked from Chankanaab Park to Playa Uvas. It is a very short walk and we felt safe. She is 16 and I am over 40;) and we didn't have any problems.

Is it really reasonable to walk to/from Chankanaab Park to Playa Uvas? We have a group of 13 people ranging in ages from 10 to 70. I was planning on going to Chank. Park, but after reading about Playa Uvas, I am a little torn. It would be great if these are within walking distance of each other.

Thanks for your feedback!!