Purchasing Bar Credits

Az_Redneck

On the CCL website you can purchase 4 bar credits for $19.50. Can you get any 4 drinks on the ship that you want with that card? I noticed some nice single malt scotch for $9.50 a drink and that would be great if I can get 4 shots of it for under twenty bucks while on the cruise... :D

On the CCL website you can purchase 4 bar credits for $19.50. Can you get any 4 drinks on the ship that you want with that card? I noticed some nice single malt scotch for $9.50 a drink and that would be great if I can get 4 shots of it for under twenty bucks while on the cruise... :D

I thought they were tickets.. unless it has changed to a card..:confused: I don't think it works that way.. I am sure somebody who is familiar will give you the info you need.. :)

I thought they were tickets.. unless it has changed to a card..:confused: I don't think it works that way.. I am sure somebody who is familiar will give you the info you need.. :)

I looked again on the CCL website and they're neither..

They're "coupons" :D

The coupons are valid for drinks up to $4.95. You will pay the difference (plus gratuity on the price difference) for any drink that costs more than that. You pay no gratuity on the $4.95 so thats what saves a bit of money. Hope that makes sense. I bought a bunch of them for the Miracle cruise I just got back from and I'm glad I got them. Saves a few bucks and helps you keep track of how much you are drinking/spending.

Is there some place I can look to find a listing of drink prices? We were considering ordering a couple sheets of the coupons for the few cocktails we'll have while on the cruise, but I thought they could be used for pretty much any mixed drink...
Here is a link to the current drink menu with prices:

http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

John

Just hold onto them! We had four drink tickets that we hadn't used by the last day; somewhere between our stateroom and the aft deck we lost them. We talked to the Purser's desk, but basically they could do nothing and we were out twenty bucks. In the future I'll stick to the S&S card. :rolleyes:

In the "gifts" section of the CCL website they show a photo of a strip of four drink coupons. I wasn't able to enlarge the photo, but after squinting at the fine print at the bottom of the coupon, it does appear that they are limited in value to $4.95 each, and they do include the gratuity on a $4.95 drink.

They appear more useful as a gift for someone to buy for a cruiser than for a cruiser to buy for themselves.

Is there some place I can look to find a listing of drink prices? We were considering ordering a couple sheets of the coupons for the few cocktails we'll have while on the cruise, but I thought they could be used for pretty much any mixed drink...

I received a drink/price list from Carnival today. I will be posting it on our roll call Conquest May 28. The prices are different than the ones on the link you were provided. Now I'm not so sure which one is correct.

Archived