Is Radisson Downtown in Miami that bad?

According to Tripadvisor.com, Radisson in downtown Miami has been getting very negative reviews lately. I will be staying there for four nights in July post-cruise. I booked this hotel thru Priceline so I guess I can't cancel it now. Has someone actually stayed there recently? Please tell me this hotel DOES have some positive things!

Any reviews would be appreciated.

It was just OK when I stayed there in December. The neighborhood is not the best. My room was a little musty with a weak A/C, but I wasn't in a mood to complain after a long travel day and a $50 Miami hotel room on a Friday night.

My husband and I have stayed here 4 times now through Priceline. We usually arrive the day before the cruise and stay here.

We have never had an issue with our room. They always gave us a king bed, AC was fine, quick with the extra pillows, and once we got a corner room which was great. Two walls of windows over looking the terminal and a huge marble bathroom - upgrade fairy was nice to us that trip.

There is nothing in the area to walk to - just Burger King and some other fast food place across the street. They have shuttle service for a low fee that brings you to and from the market place. We always take a cab to the terminal because it is quicker and only about $2 more. They have tons of tours available from the bell hop lobby.

Resteraunt - they had the best eggs benedict (spicy and different), lunch kind of high, room service typical and slow.

The pool is on the roof, heated and we found it always had people in it right up til midnight on our trips. Never too crowded though.

For the price it is a good deal. Like I mentioned we only do a night at a time though. Not sure how expensive it is to park there or how much it will cost getting around for several days.

• 5 months later...
According to Tripadvisor.com, Radisson in downtown Miami has been getting very negative reviews lately. I will be staying there for four nights in July post-cruise. I booked this hotel thru Priceline so I guess I can't cancel it now. Has someone actually stayed there recently? Please tell me this hotel DOES have some positive things!

Any reviews would be appreciated.

We have 3 nights post cruise in December - was it OK? It is part of a package with NCL so we have no choice. Grateful for any info. Regards

It has been 2 years since we stayed there............but we got the room on Priceline for I think $35........remember now, 2 years ago.......it was certainly worth that. The lobby was very nice..........lobby bar very nice.

The room was very nice...........restaurant was ok, although overpriced breakfast buffet if I remember correctly........

Not sure I would wander out much at night, but I wouldn't do that in any city I wasn't familiar with.

It depends what you are looking for.

For a one night stay before a cruise, if you get it at the right price, I think it would be fine.

We were there in 2005 and hated it. The rooms were nice enough but the neighborhood not so great. Nothing to do but go to Bayside. Felt very unsafe! We took the train/tram thingy and we couldnt believe we did it. Bayside was cool but to get there wasnt. We were scared to death!!!!!!!!!!!! Went over to BurgerKing for breakfast and homeless people bugged us. We are not used to seeing this and fed some people but we were actually a little scared. One night is ok but more than that I think you would go crazy!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it depends if you live in a big town or not, we are from a small town. If you could change, I would!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt get to stressed out about it. I have never actually stayed at The Raddison but I am pretty sure the negative reviews were because of its location. The three block area between the Raddisson and the AAA Arena/Bayside Marketplace has been under massive construction for 3 years. Lucky for you the brand new gorgeous Carnival Center for the performing arts, and new Opera hall just opened 2 months ago.(I think your hotel is on Bisc Blvd & 16th and they are about 14th st) I am sure the area has been cleaned up. However I would keep my walking to Biscayne Blvd and east of Biscayne Blvd to the bay. At night I always stick to areas where the crowds are (probably that would be good advice in any big city). If you are going to be here 4 days you might want to rent a car . car rentals are dirt cheap in Florida.

What star rating is this on priceline and what do you think is a decent price for Feb?

It has been almost a year since I bid via Priceline, but at that point it was a 3-star hotel. You have a lot of time, so you may start in the 30s and work up to the 50s. I'm not sure I'd go higher than that unless time became a factor.

Archived