different kind of question about Pinnacle...

emiliesmom

I have read so many people raving about the Pinnacle Grill that I want to make sure my husband and I experience it when we take our first cruise later this year. But my concern is that if we book before the cruise, or even as soon as we board, we may miss a theme night in the dining room - assuming they have them. The only thing I don't want to miss is lobster or crab - I don't even know that they serve it, but if they do, I wanna be there! Any advice?

:) Actually, that's a fairly common consideration lots of people have in choosing which night to book Pinnacle.

If you post your cruise, we can probably give you a fair idea which nights will be formal. It is on formal nights in the dining room that they serve lobster. It is always the last formal night but on longer cruises, they sometimes serve it twice. We had it twice on Ryndam's 14 day cruise in April. I don't really care that much about crab so don't pay attention to when it is served but I know it is on the menus.

we never go on the first nite because thats when you meet your tablemates in the d/r -----dress up nites are generally during a sea day-- so you might want to book it for the nite of the first port day ---if y9ou are in a suite the people in the neptune lounge will help you book

Thanks for the info! I love this board!

Sail7seas, we are on the Zuiderdam's Oct 28 Eastern Caribbean cruise. The itinerary is depart ft lauderdale, then a sea day, then I believe we hit Turks and Caicos, St. Thomas and Tortola (don't remember the order), then a sea day, then Half Moon Cay and back to Ft Lauderdale.

Don't tease me about seeing crab on the menu...

Seven day cruise - MIGHT have one theme night - Dutch night.

Saturday - board ship - casual

Sunday - at sea - Formal - crab legs should be on the menu

Monday - Grand Turk - could be an informal night

Tuesday - Tortola - casual - BBQ night by the Lido pool

Wednesday - St Thomas - casual

Thursday - at sea - Formal - Lobster tails

Friday - HMC - casual

I have read so many people raving about the Pinnacle Grill that I want to make sure my husband and I experience it when we take our first cruise later this year. But my concern is that if we book before the cruise, or even as soon as we board, we may miss a theme night in the dining room - assuming they have them. The only thing I don't want to miss is lobster or crab - I don't even know that they serve it, but if they do, I wanna be there! Any advice?

I was wondering about this also... we'll be on the Maasdam on Oct. 17th for an 11 day cruise and plan to try the Pinnacle but I don't want to miss any theme dinners, especially the Master Chefs Dinner. Any suggestions?

After you board, go to the Pinnacle and ask the person at the desk. That's what we did and he knew what nights were formal and what were casual in the dining room. That way you will know when you want to make reservations at the Pinnacle.

We have never eaten in the Pinnacle, but have walked past/seen in a number of times on several cruises. We have never seen it full. It has varied from just a couple of people to nearly full. Make the Pinnacle reservations after you are onboard after you have seen the evening dress schedule. That should either be in your cabin when you arrive or else later in the day.

I just got back from my cruise and this happened to me, but I wouldn't have changed it. It was our anniversary, so we booked the Pinnacle for that night. It turned out to be the second formal night and it was lobster night. Since I wasn't really in the mood for steak I ordered the Scampi and later that night we ordered the lobster from room service.

I enjoyed our experience at the Pinnacle, but I did not hear one other positive thing from other people who had eaten there. None of them thought it was worth the money. I thought the size of my Dh's filet was worth the money all by itself:D

Thanks, Krazy Kruizers... e-mailing HAL is a good idea that didn't occur to me. I've read mixed reviews regarding the Pinnacle and probably wouldn't try it except it's part of an amenities package from our TA.

My husband and I really enjoyed the Pinnacle on the Noordam. The first night the price was reduced to get people interested. What we did was, after breakfast in the dining room, we asked for a copy of the lunch and dinner menus for that day. When we came across a night we thought we'd enjoy dinner in the Pinnacle, we left the dining room and booked our reservation. We had no problems other than not being able to eat at our first choice (timewise). Instead, we ate 15 minutes later.

Archived