NCL Dream Sept 22/04 ????'s

wenabre

Hi,

I will be sailing on the Dream doing the trans Atlantic cruise in Sept and I have several ?'s and need some info please.

1) Has anyone done this cruise before and how is the weather for that time?

2) Are the seas rough on the trans Atlantic crosiing?

3) I'll be in cabin 9004 on the international deck. its an outside cat CC, does anyone know if the windows open in these cabins?

4) Anyone else sailing on this cruise and would like to meet up?

Thanks for any info/help..

Wenabre

Wenabre,

We just returned this week from the Baltic on Dream.

Rough weather in the North Sea caused the ship to shudder & shake unpleasantly. You could feel the waves rolling along the bottom of the ship & we were on deck 7.

Some passengers reported injuries from the shaking.

We sailed on Cunard QE2 in December last year trans-atlantic to NYC. Rough weather did not affect the ship in any way similar to the Dream.

I presume the hulls are different shapes as the QE2 had a up & down motion, while the Dream shook everywhich way.

Yes, the weight is different between the 2 ships, but the Dream sails like a ferry-boat & rolls very unpleasantly.

I would not wish to travel the North Atlantic on the Dream.

Hope this helps......

• 2 weeks later...

We'll also be on the 9/22 cruise, as well as the 9/10 Scand. cruise. We were on the Dream in S. America several years ago and were in very rough seas around the Cape. We were on deck 11 (I think) and had several nights of "rock & roll". Luckily neither of us gets seasick (not usually, anyway).

Hi,

I will be sailing on the Dream doing the trans Atlantic cruise in Sept and I have several ?'s and need some info please.

1) Has anyone done this cruise before and how is the weather for that time?

2) Are the seas rough on the trans Atlantic crosiing?

3) I'll be in cabin 9004 on the international deck. its an outside cat CC, does anyone know if the windows open in these cabins?

4) Anyone else sailing on this cruise and would like to meet up?

I did this transatlantic in 2000. Loved it! Ours was 12 days I think from Barcelona to San Juan. Weather was good. A little warm actually. Twelve straight days of sun. Seas were calm. Actually, rhythmic...slight swaying all the time but not so much you'd be uncomfortable.

I've cruised the Dream on deck 9 four times. The windows don't open. they are large though; floor to ceiling. Have a great time.

Archived