St Petersburg cruise terminal

Kaktus

Is there a metro station In St Petersburg near the Cruise terminal?

All I can tell you is from our experience in St. Petersburg last August was that we on Rotterdam, along with Prinsendam and Vision of the Seas, were docked in the commercial part of the harbor. There is no terminal there, only a very small wooden building that you walk in and out of and where Russian officers checked passports. It took about 5-10 minutes driving time to reach the entrance to that part of the port and we did not see any metro stations. I never saw any taxis nor shuttles inside the port (don't think they were allowed), only tour buses and mini-vans. Hopefully someone else knows something about metros. I can tell you that if you are not on an official ship's tour and/or with a private Russian tour operator such as Red October, you will need a visa if you're planning on doing individual sight seeing there

John has it right. This is a port where you absolutely do not want to go off on your own. Just the walk to the entrance to the port is difficult and dangerous. Then you have to pass through that guard station; and they have guns. :eek:

Is there a metro station In St Petersburg near the Cruise terminal?

Sorry, no. Head over to the Baltic Ports section of the "Ports of Call" board where you'll find a number of threads about Petersburg including a couple of recent "do it on your own" threads.

Archived