Scandinavia/Russia in Early June - Weather

cruzr4vr

My husband and I are considering the June 2, 2007 sailing of the Constellation to Scandinavia/Russia. Can anyone give us an idea of what to expect as far as weather (temperatures and if it usually rains, etc), Thanks.

We went the end of May last season and it was freezing and rained almost every day. If we were to do it again, we'd only go later in the summer. Perhaps we just were unlucky, but that's our experience.

Marilyn

My husband and I are considering the June 2, 2007 sailing of the Constellation to Scandinavia/Russia. Can anyone give us an idea of what to expect as far as weather (temperatures and if it usually rains, etc), Thanks.

We went on this cruise on the Connie last year on the June 4 sailing. It was fabulous in every way. The weather was beautiful. Sunny and warm but not hot. I would say the temperature was generally in the 60's and 70's during the day. Perfect touring weather. Only a brief shower in Berlin and in Oslo. You could wear a jacket in the morning and tie it around your waist in mid-day. Also it was before the heavy tourist season so not terribly crowded. When you are in Russia take a private tour and use Red October. They handle all the details.

Just back from the 5/6 Constellation sailing. We had unbelievable weather. Blue cloudless skies for all ports except for Oslo. Warnemunde was a bit dreary but we took one of the Berlin tours where it was sunny and warm.

Daytime highs were usually in the 60's to near 70 but it was a bit chilly in the mornings and evenings.

All of our tour guides commented on the great weather. They said that clouds and rain were more typical for this time of year.

Gordon

We're also considering the June 2, 2007 sailing of the Constellation. Glad you asked the "weather question" as that was also on our minds. Guess it's all "luck" and one can only hope the weather will cooperate.

Way back in 5-99, we did a Baltic cruise, and for the most part had very pleasant weather, although layering was required sometimes.

We did the Baltic again 8-06, and had very good weather.

Weather is like sea-state; you never know, as it can change in a moment.

We went June 2-14.For us being Floridians the temp was ok but we needed our jackets.I would prepare to layer and bring rain gear.Weather is very unpredictable. Being prepared just makes things go so much more smoothly.Enjoy!!!

We did the July 2 sailing last summer and had fabulous weather. The sailing before and the sailing after had rain. You have to be prepared either way. Good luck...it's a fabulous trip!

My husband and I took that cruise last summer on June 14 and we had great weather. Cool but sunny. We'd layer our clothing as it would be very cool in the mornings but by mid-afternoons, we'd be in short sleeves. Even St. Petersburg was wonderful and our tour guide says that it's very rarely sunny on consecutive days. We had sun both days we were there. The only rain we had was in Estonia but again by afternoon the sun was out and it was actually humid. Enjoy.

Archived