What color shoes??

sashapoo

but would also consider platinum. Depending on the shade of coral, a bronze might be too dark for the dress. When I was looking for shoes, someone from this board suggested taking the dress shopping with me and it really helped, I felt a little silly walking around DSW with a dress but seeing them both together showed that a bright silver did not work but a muted silver color worked perfectly.

It looks like there is some kind of metallic thread running through the material but I can't make out what color that is. I would try to match the shoes to that (i.e. silver thread,=silver shoes, gold thread=gold shoes etc.)

BTW, vey beautiful gown.

Personally, I would never wear a leather shoe with a beaded dress. A formal dress requires formal shoes.

Bronze or gold.

I mis-spoke, as it really doesn't have to be leather shoe. But, I've also seen many a leather shoe which are plenty formal. It really depends on the individual shoe. Neutral colors (which could include a matte metallic) are simply more versatile, IMO.

People will get sick of all these silver shoes soon though, if the past is any predictor of the future.

Tracy

I mis-spoke, as it really doesn't have to be leather shoe. But, I've also seen many a leather shoe which is plenty formal. It really depends on the individual shoe. Neutral colors (which could include a matte metallic) are simply more versatile, IMO.

People will get sick of all these silver shoes soon though, if the past is any predictor of the future.

Tracy

I have seen matte metallics and some are quite pretty.

I am not a silver fan but have been wearing bronzes and burnished golds forever. I think they will stay in style and I love how they can be worn with so many colors and styles.

Well since I went shopping today looking for silver shoes, I will mention what I saw. Sears had some really sparkly higher healed shoes, Maurices had a silver/gold tone shoes, Target had the most comfortable ones. Remember up and down those stairs on the cruise (if you don't do the elevator).

Good luck.

The dress is more of a melon than a coral (it has less yellow and more blue) so I would go with silver instead of bronze or gold.

I know photos come out poorly and the color is probably affected so if the dress has more yellow and is more coral, go with the gold or bronze.

It is more of a melon color I think in hindsight. I went this morning and bought a adorable pair of Chinese Laundry matte silver, strappy, high heeled sandles I am going to try with it this afternoon. I just had to have these shoes regardless!! But I need to make sure which ones I am going to go with soon since I have to get the dress fitted next week.

I mis-spoke, as it really doesn't have to be leather shoe. But, I've also seen many a leather shoe which are plenty formal. It really depends on the individual shoe. Neutral colors (which could include a matte metallic) are simply more versatile, IMO.

Tracy

Tracy I HAVE to have leather shoes because of my feet and I have found beautiful dresy metallics in silver, gold, bronze and champagne leather.

Archived