Breakfast Ideas in Copenhagen

We will be staying at the Marriott Copenhagen as I won a bid on priceline but it does not include breakfast. I hear they want like $30 for breakfast which I think it crazy. Any ideas on where to get a bite to eat or just some pastry and coffee??

We will be staying at the Marriott Copenhagen as I won a bid on priceline but it does not include breakfast. I hear they want like $30 for breakfast which I think it crazy. Any ideas on where to get a bite to eat or just some pastry and coffee??

Hi MTemple212,

Yes, it is true the American buffett is expensive at the Marriott. Although you can just order and help yourself to the "Continental Breakfast" items and pay a cheaper rate, but it can still expensive.

I wish I could recommend someplace specific for breakfast, but eventhough I lived in Copenhagen, I just can't think of anything. It's just that when I lived there, we always ate at home, and going out for breakfast seemed to be something that just wasn't done. But, that certainly does not mean that there are not options for breakfast. A couple of ideas come to mind. The main train station is just 10 minutes away. I know you will find food there. The other idea is to simply ask the concierge. You could ask what they recommend, but keep in mind, what they recommend could be what they think you'll want. So, for me, I'd be more specific, and ask where would "they" go themeselves. To add to this, for me, I'd ask where is the closest bakery. Maybe one where you can sit down and eat. I recall many of the bakeries being strictly take out, but there were some where you could sit and eat too. As I write this, I think this would be the best idea. The Danish pasteries are the best. I just look at the choices in the glass case and say yes to it all. :-) They really are quite the treat, and TOTALLY unlike any bakery in the US. Unless you go to the bakeries in Solvang, California where to my surprise they had pasteries very much like the choices in Denmark. So, although I can't recommend a particular place, I do strongly suggest asking the hotel's concierge where is a good bakery where you can sit down to eat. And afterall, you're question did ask about pasteries and coffee, you will discover what a great idea this will be. Not only will this be cheaper, but it will be a great experience too.

God Steve, I love that place!! The wife and I went there back in February for our long anniversary weekend! I had been there once before in the past and just loved it and knew she would love it as well. We had a great breakfast at one of the danish restaurants and had their pancakes! They were the best! I just love that little town and now there are so many wineries around there as well!! Like you said, I was just thinking of asking the concierge of where to go. Or where he likes to get pastries,etc...

We had a very nice breakfast on Nyhaven sitting outside next to the water. I don't recall the exact price, but it was around $12pp. It was very simple, some danish, croissants, meats, cheeses, juice and coffed all inlcuded. After we walked over and took the boat tour. I also don't recall which one exactly we went to, there were several and they all had about the same menu and prices. You can walk from the Marriott, probably about 15-20 minute walk or hop a taxi.

• 3 weeks later...

we were also at the Marriott. we ate at the train station in the mornings. our concierge actually suggested it. says the bakeries there are baking fresh all day because of the turnover in the station.

had wonderful pastries and coffee for under $5. if you really want an american breakfast, there is burger king and mc donalds. ugh. i'd rather starve myself.

re: the pancakes, they have them in every country on the trip and they are all very good, but the best ones of all were in Tallinn at Kompressor restaurant. huge and filling lunch for under $4 each. one with bacon and cheese and one with raspberry jam and cream was enough for 4 people!!! they had about 30 different ones. they did have English menu. recommended by locals. in Finland they're called Lettu. in Russia they're blini. stands are on every corner there. in Oslo, they make thick regular pancakes, not the thin crepe style of the other countries. we didn't find them as good.

we loved the strawberry waffles on the bridge at Gdansk too.

Bakery with seating

Emmerys: Store Strandstræde 4 The corner between Nyhavn and Kings new Square.

There are more than this one but my internet close down when i get to the website.

But try www.aok.dk and insert the name bager in the seach bar in the top left corner.

No i got some dinner when i was in Copenhagen and see MI 3 and X Men 3 i the Cinema, and the brunch was in there Dinner card (or what the name is)

I don´t know what a american Brunch is but it was with Scrabled Eggs and Ham and other things.

Guest newhampshire

We were on a Baltic cruise in May out of Copenhagen and stayed near the railway station. There are several bakeries in there which have excellent danish and other pastries so highly recommend the 10 minute walk from the Marriott to the station.:)

• 5 months later...

Archived