Balcony Door ? for Destiny??

sunlover5

Most suggest bungee cords. Be aware that when your cabin door is open, your cabin air conditioner will shut off. If in the Caribbean, it can get pretty damp inside the cabin due to the humidity. Just some FYI.

we have used a shoe or a book shoved in the crack!:p It worked for us on our cruises. Some people use bungee cords, not sure how they hook them up!

Have a great cruise.

MAO

Caribbean Dad: Does the AC shut off as soon as you open the door, or after a certain time that it is open? My DH and I have our first balcony in Oct and that post earlier got me thinking!! Thanks!

sunlover5: How long is the wait until your balcony cruise??

just be warned....they do wash the outside of the ship and they must have done it with the door open in our room before we got on. The carpet all near the door was soaked. The steward brought in towels and a small fan for a while and it dried pretty quick.

Caribbean Dad: Does the AC shut off as soon as you open the door, or after a certain time that it is open? My DH and I have our first balcony in Oct and that post earlier got me thinking!! Thanks!

sunlover5: How long is the wait until your balcony cruise??

Congrats on the balcony. IIRC, the air shut off as soon as the door is opened.

sunlover5

A 9" or 12" bungee should be more than plenty. A 6” might even work considering that the door opens out. We usually spend most of the trip out in the sun, so we prefer the cabin to be nice and cool when we get back. On the rare occasion that we do want the door open, I just prop it open with the deck chair.

Something else to consider if it is humid, is your electronics. Laptops, digital cameras, camcorder, and such are not real fond of going from a cool dry environment to a warm damp one. They have a tendency to not want to work real well. Not trying to scare anyone away from doing it, if that is your desire...just know what to expect, so that you can protect yourself from it.

Something else to consider if it is humid, is your electronics. Laptops, digital cameras, camcorder, and such are not real fond of going from a cool dry environment to a warm damp one. They have a tendency to not want to work real well. Not trying to scare anyone away from doing it, if that is your desire...just know what to expect, so that you can protect yourself from it.

that was a good tip-- something I learned from my first cruise and prepared myself ever since. I got a good insulated bag now. and wrap the bag in a towl and put it on the floor in the closet.

Cameras, etc are very finicky when the cabin is soo cold and you go outside to where its very hot. The lens fog upand it takes forever to get the camera to temperture. Wraping in a towel helps.

we were just on the destiny, the balcony doors stayed open on their own by jsut puching them as far open as they will go. on this ship there was no button that shut the air off when the door was open as i have seen on several ships in the past....we had six baclonies in a row and the divider open between all of them.....it was very nice

Archived