Mediterranean Cruise

Howdy Chuck & Q Express!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information regarding the best time of the year for your cruise. However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members ask for help on how to use the board's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek. 05.gif

To help you out, I am moving your thread to the Ports of Call - Europe Forum where it will be on topic. I'm sure your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you there.

Also, when you have a chance, please read the recent announcement regarding the Ports of Call Posting Guidelines from LauraS, Community Manager. Click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/annou....php?f=19&a=64

Sincerely glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic and thank you for stopping by the Help Forum!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

A few family members and us of course are thinking of planning an RCL cruise to the Greek Isles. What would be the best time of the year to go?

Thanks in advance:)

Tha fall is a nice time to go as it is not as crowded and can be a tad cooler than it is is in the summer,but still warm enough for the beaches.

We just booked an October 07 cruise on Royal. There is about a $300 difference between the summer months and October if that is of any help to you.

I know it's so far away, but I am so looking forward to it.

If the family members include students, go as early in the summer as possible. My Italian contacts ( business, hairdresser, neighbor) strongly recommend June if you can get the school aged kids ready by then. Even early July is less hot than late July. There is a reason everyone in Europe goes on vacation in August, that's the hottest month, with little air conditioning. Me, of course, my cruise is booked for the end of July and first week of August, cause that's when we could get the itinerary we wanted and all the family members together.

You can get lucky in August - we had great weather last August - it was around 80 degrees each day in every port except Athens and Rhodes. It was very hot and humid in those ports - around 100 degrees. We had two brief rain showers - one in Corfu and one that lasted about 5 minutes in Venice.

Probably May or September, before and after high season. We went a Med Cruise in late September last year and the weather was perfect. You don't want it to hot as you're on the go all the time and the heat would be exhausting.

The crowds weren't too bad either.

Frances

Archived