Booze Cruise?????

Criscomia

Has anyone heard of the booze cruise? I tried to find it on the Carnival Excursion packages, but they don't seem to offer it. I heard it had snorkeling, ride on a boat, music and lunch....and of course, as the name states,.......booze. Any information and pricing would be great.

It would be the one from Nassau, but couldn't find it on the excursions for Carnival. Do you think they don't offer it? Is this one you have to book on your own?

It was the last one on the list of excursions in Nassau on the Carnival site.

Wait wait wait. Hopefully, you see this post before you book!

The Booze Cruise is something altogether different. Go to BoozeCruiseBahamas.com. This is not a Carnival excursion so you won't find it on their list. I am booked on the Booze Cruise in mid-June so I can give you the scoop. It's a 3rd party excursion you have to book privately. The cost is $55 per person. Search for my previous posts under my screen name to find out the details. Also, go to the Bahamas Board under Ports of Call. There's a CC member named Scubagirl who lives in Nassau and provides the best info.

Briefly... The Booze Cruise is a double-decker boat with a glass bottom inside. The Cruise departs from the wharf at the back of the straw market at 1pm (a few minutes walk from where your ship docks). First, the boat cruises out to a reef for some snorkeling. After the snorkeling is done, they crank up the reggae and open the bar. Beer, rum punch drinks (several kinds - not just one), and all non-alcoholic beverages are free. They then Booze Cruise you over to a beach where a lunch is served (also included). You can swim, relax or snorkel some more from the beach. E-mail them with any inquiries but most of your questions should be answered on these boards.

Hopefully this helps.

Caribbean Buckeye......What great information.......thank you!!!!!! I will go to the web site and find out more about it. Just very cautious about booking my own excursion because if it doesn't get back in time....I've missed the boat. Just want to make sure there is plenty of time in case of a break down to get back to the ship. Thanks again for the information and website.

Caribbean Buckeye......What great information.......thank you!!!!!! I will go to the web site and find out more about it. Just very cautious about booking my own excursion because if it doesn't get back in time....I've missed the boat. Just want to make sure there is plenty of time in case of a break down to get back to the ship. Thanks again for the information and website.

Criscomia,

You're wise to be cautious in booking a 3rd party excursion but I think you're okay in this case IF your departure and arrival times are cushioned on both ends. I have at least two hours on each side of my excursion. If it were any closer than that, I might be hesitant too.

I also did some research on the company before I booked. Do a "Booze Cruise" search on the Bahamas message board. I didn't see any negative feedback on the Booze Cruise which is a good sign. On here, if someone is dissatisfied with any portion of their trip, they are quick to post their frustrations to warn fellow CC members. Another good reason to watch these boards before booking.

Run it by the girls you're going with though. I have a feeling they might like the Booze Cruise idea.

Caribbean Buckeye....went to the website you told me about and it really is informative........but there's only one problem......I guess I should have checked on how long a stay we had in Nassau before I bothered everyone. It won't work for us, as our ship gets in at 7:00 am and leaves at 2:00 pm. The Booze Cruise leaves the dock at 1:00 pm and gets back at 5:00 pm. Next time I'll check before I post..........but thanks again for all your help. It's still good to know in case we fly over to the bahamas one day. We are in Miami and it's only a short flight from here. Again, thank you.

i will definatly be booking the booze cruise when we go on june 16th! woo. hooray for helping me make a decision on what to do!!! a party and snorkeling?? sounds like my kinda day!

kthulutini,

That's the exact day we are booked... June 16th. Maybe I'll see you there!

Criscomia,

Sorry it didn't work out for you but the info was viewed by hundreds of other people b/c you asked the question. I'm sure it'll help someone else, like our friend kthulutini here. I'm sure you'll find another excursion that works.

i have to mention the kon tiki party boat in st thomas. very fun. watch out for the rum punch, its made with 151. its about 4 hours. they take you around the bay and to a beach. it has a glass bottom and they stop to feed the fish. very enjoyable. good steel drum band too.

Archived