Beach glass????

cruiseescape

I have walked the walk to Tobacco Bay many times. I did walk to St. Catherine's once back in 1994, but don't remember very much about it. Two years ago my husband & I walked to Tobacco Bay and then on to try to find a cricket field that Anshuman (our butler that year on the Crown) had told us he would be playing against members of the crew of the Majesty. It took us quite a while walking around before we found it. Alot of the crew never showed. But, it was fun watching them play. I am not as nimble as I was that year, so I don't want to be roaming around looking for Achilles Bay beach, without knowing where it is. I only just learned about beach glass on this board this year. I am curious to see what it is like. But, not curious enough to wander aimlessly.

Thanks Jackie.

I have walked the walk to Tobacco Bay many times. I did walk to St. Catherine's once back in 1994, but don't remember very much about it. Two years ago my husband & I walked to Tobacco Bay and then on to try to find a cricket field that Anshuman (our butler that year on the Crown) had told us he would be playing against members of the crew of the Majesty. It took us quite a while walking around before we found it. Alot of the crew never showed. But, it was fun watching them play. I am not as nimble as I was that year, so I don't want to be roaming around looking for Achilles Bay beach, without knowing where it is. I only just learned about beach glass on this board this year. I am curious to see what it is like. But, not curious enough to wander aimlessly.

Thanks Jackie.

You're very welcome. I wouldn't walk in the heat, but it might not be bad on a cool day. You might see it in your travels, or if you take a cab or bus ask someone to point it out for you.

I bet it was fun watching the crew play. Nice that they get out to do fun things too. The crew and staff all love the Bermuda run and the Majesty and Crown.

I just took a picture of some beach glass that I picked up in Bermuda. Click on the link below.... I have also posted some Majesty pics in my webshots album. It is the link in my signature.

http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100038cs.jpg

Jackie

You're very welcome. I wouldn't walk in the heat, but it might not be bad on a cool day. You might see it in your travels, or if you take a cab or bus ask someone to point it out for you.

I bet it was fun watching the crew play. Nice that they get out to do fun things too. The crew and staff all love the Bermuda run and the Majesty and Crown.

I just took a picture of some beach glass that I picked up in Bermuda. Click on the link below.... I have also posted some Majesty pics in my webshots album. It is the link in my signature.

http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100038cs.jpg

Jackie

Great pics. I was in 901 May 2004. It was my 1st time in an owner's suite. Just loved it, but now I am spoiled and can't cruise without a suite.:D

Great pics. I was in 901 May 2004. It was my 1st time in an owner's suite. Just loved it, but now I am spoiled and can't cruise without a suite.:D

Thanks, I love taking pictures and always take too many. It's so easy to do with the digital cameras now.

Yes, the owner's suites sure do spoil you. We got upsells to the OS both times on the Dawn and it is unbelievable to have all that room and the perks that go with it. It will be tough to go back, but we can't do it all the time if we want to cruise more often.

Did you recognize the beach glass?

Jackie

Yes, I did. I have seen beach glass before. Don't remember where.

At the beach!!! ;) I figured you would recognize it if you saw the pic. It is probably on many of the Bermuda beaches. I would like to make a mosaic table using beach glass. Wish I knew how.....

Lthouse Lady...Thankyou for the great directions...I printed them out so I won't forget. We leave August 5th. but don't get to S.George until August 9th. Take care.

Peace, Anna:)

Rianvi, I'll be there the same time you will be! I'm leaving out of Boston on Aug 6 and arriving in St Georges on Aug 8th. Maybe I'll see you at Alexandra Bay!!!!!!!

and, you're welcome for the directions. I saw them posted here from someone else a few months ago and printed them up too! :D

I'm goin to make some Christmas ornaments with mine...I bought some small bottles of pink sand and will mix it with the sea glass, and put it in clear plastic/glass balls from one of the arts and crafts store. Caligraphy the year and voila...a personal momento of the trip!

I'm goin to make some Christmas ornaments with mine...I bought some small bottles of pink sand and will mix it with the sea glass, and put it in clear plastic/glass balls from one of the arts and crafts store. Caligraphy the year and voila...a personal momento of the trip!

Great idea! Sounds like they will be very pretty.

I see we're neighbors....

Jackie

I just got home yesterday, and I never made it to get my share of beach glass. :( Too many things to do on my list! So...there is more for you!

In Hamilton, when returning to the ship, Bermuda officials were checking bags for sand and taking it from people. They had probably at least 20 water bottles filled with it! Said it's against the law. I didn't have any...but thought I'd share. That was the only port they checked.

I just got home yesterday, and I never made it to get my share of beach glass. :( Too many things to do on my list! So...there is more for you!

In Hamilton, when returning to the ship, Bermuda officials were checking bags for sand and taking it from people. They had probably at least 20 water bottles filled with it! Said it's against the law. I didn't have any...but thought I'd share. That was the only port they checked.

Welcome home, hope you had a great cruise. Sorry you didn't get any beach glass.

Jackie

I also got some beach glass when I was there in MAy. How did you ge tthe beach glass so clean and shiny looking. I soaked my glass and still no luck

Degirl,

I wet it for the picture so it would look like it does on the beach. I bet you could use clear nail polish or some sort of clear varnish to keep them looking that way.

Jackie

We were one of the ones that posted the fine detail on finding the sea glass a little over a year ago.

Here is a very detailed review of Zenith to Bermuda. We were there for a week. We stopped in Hamilton and St. George. Hints and tips about the ship, island transportation, beaches, caves, forts and sea glass. http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

Enjoy your trip.

We were one of the ones that posted the fine detail on finding the sea glass a little over a year ago.

Here is a very detailed review of Zenith to Bermuda. We were there for a week. We stopped in Hamilton and St. George. Hints and tips about the ship, island transportation, beaches, caves, forts and sea glass. http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

Enjoy your trip.

Excellent review, thanks. What did you do with all the beach glass?

Jackie

Carribeanbound.

Yup, I believe it WAS your review where I found the info on how to find the beach glass. I copied it down for my trip in August. Thank you for posting it, I couldn't remember where I had seen it or I would have given you credit for the original post.

Just returned from the Norwegian Crown (yes, the ship stuck on the reef). There was so much beach glass on the small beach next to Alexandra's Battery Park, the beach glass washes up right on the beach. To get there from the dock in St. George's make a right onto Duke of York street, this then turns into Barracks Hill, then it is Cut Road (all the same street just name changes, you are walking with the water on your right). You then make a left onto Floral Lane, Battery Park is just ahead and the beach is to the left. You can see the beach glass from the road at the waters edge!

Interested in going to Alexandra's Park but have two kids in TOW. We too are going to be on the Crown next week. Is this a long walk from the ship or would you take the bus? Is this something that you would recommend? I read that these beaches were less crowded then Tobacco Bay. Please let me know what you think.

and their current level of physical activity.

Let me know their ages & I can give you a more informed opinion.

If they are quite young- take the bus.

We walked to the Battery on the road that had great views and many houses ot look at

& we then kept going to St. Catherines, then to

Tobacco Bay and returned to St. George via the road that cuts thru the

golf course.

The second day we did it again, but in reverse...

Bernadette

angeljt...

My daughter used half of it in the bottom of her aquarium. The rest of it is sitting in a jar.

superdave57...

Tobacco Bay may be more crowded, but it is a shorter walk and a much prettier beach, and better protected. Just get there as early as possible. Most folks won't start showing up until a couple hours after you arrive. The kids should be able to walk it. As long as you all enjoy a good hike, go for it. Worst case, you could always take a bus back if it wasn't pleasant for the family walk over.

angeljt...

My daughter used half of it in the bottom of her aquarium. The rest of it is sitting in a jar.

CaribbeanBound,

Great idea for the aquarium. I guess I'll have to go back and get more to make my table.

Jackie

Archived