Carnival Liberty.. Interior or Ocean view?

hbmc553

First time on cruise :) need advice!!

My friends are all staying in the interior room. I cant decide between the ocean view or Interior. Looks like only difference is a window that doesnt open.. Need advise from someone who has been or seen both rooms.. its about 100 more person is it worth it??

For me personally, the OV room would be worth it. Interior rooms are a bit claustrophobic for me...a little "cavelike" :( There's just something about being able to see out that is really nice. We actually had an interior and balcony room...and loved the balcony room. People told us that we wouldn't spend much time in the room...and that we would be out on the decks most of the time...and that the extra money spent on the balcony wouldn't be worth it..but that wasn't the case for us. We loved our balcony...and it was worth every penny. OV would also be much nicer than interior IMO. But everyone has their own preference...whatever you decide...you will make your cruise great. Enjoy!

I personally prefer an OV over an inside.... just because it is nice to be able to look out at the ocean in the morning or before you go to bed. $100 more pp for a 7 or day longer cruise would be worth it to us.

If you decide on doing the inside you'll still have a great time, and they are good cabins if you want to sleep late (no sunlight to wake you up).

John

I'd vote for the OV cabin. Just being able to 'see' the sea, sun and stars makes the extra charge worthwhile.

Plus, the interior feels so much smaller and closed-in without the natural light from a window...and you never know what time of day it is--it's kinda creepy.

OV all the way!

I'm not 100% sure about this. We had an inside on the Triumph (admittedly a different class of ship from the Liberty), but a balcony on the Glory, Destiny and Miracle.

The interior did not have a couch. The balconies (and OV) do. That equates to a certain amount of floor space/storage which the inside rooms do not have. If you look at a deck plan, you will see that the inside rooms are "shorter" than the OV or balconies across the hall. Bathrooms are identical.

I'm not sure it will make a difference to you. As to the window, you can get something of the same effect by tuning into the bow webcam on the TV, hitting mute and going to bed. You'll know when dawn comes, and what the weather looks like!

HTH and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for all your help im still trying to decide. I did call yesterday when they had the free upgrade. So I did go from deck 1 to deck 10. Which looks really nice since i will be on top and the same floor as a pool.

Is Deck 10 pool outside? looks like it alittle on the plans but so hard to tell? Is it better to be higher up on the ship, will it be a much smoother ride? :confused:

Im getting really excited for my first crusie, thanks everyone for your help. So glad i found this Board Im so addicted!!! :D

Deck 1 to Deck 10? WOW!!! That's great! You will have the time of your life. We took the western caribbean cruise last Jan. Thought it would a once in a lifetime vacation for us...but I'm hooked...totally addicted...gotta cruise again...and soon!! :) Enjoy!

Are they the same size..ocv and inside? One web site that posts sq footage shows 160 for the inside and 185 for the ocv for Liberty cabins. I know they are both the same on a lot of Carnival ships and I've been meaning to call Carnival and find out for sure in this case. Maybe someone here knows.

Am scheduled for our 10th cruise and have done the Interior, Window and Balcony cabins. To me, the Window cabin is your best bet. Here's why. With the window, you know if it is light out or dark (night and day). You know if it is raining or a fair sky. You know how rough the seas are. At night, you can see the stars. Other times, you can look out at the vastness of a night sea and see absolutely nothing for a hundred miles in any direct and then you realize how small we actually are. Some times, you see the passing islands. Also fun to see a passing ship especially another cruise ship. In port, you can see the buildings and the mountains. You also know if the ship is moving or standing still. At sea, you get to watch the flying fish. Now for the most important of all reasons, you get to see the last passengers running down the pier, waving their hands and yelling for the ship to wait. That's why you want a window cabin.

About 15 minutes ago I posted the following and I don't see it now. Must be something I didn't do but I'll try again.

I called Carnival because we're booked in an inside and I'm seriously considering going to an ocv. I had my numbers wrong before but, yes, they said an ocv is 220 and an inside is 185. Still roomy compared to other lines but if considering upgrading take the size, window AND couch into consideration.

Yes, Deck 10's pool is outside. It's the one by the end of the slide.

The smoothest ride will be low, in the middle. The further forward, aft, or up you go, the more you will feel any motion. Unless you're prone to motion sickness though, I wouldn't worry about it!

We did the Liberty this past February. It is a great ship. I don't like the inside rooms. I would do the window anyday over it. I either do oceanview or balcony. Everyone has their own preference. We went inside a room down the hall from us. It was inside. I couldn't get out fast enough. It is well worth the extra money. Have a great time. Esther

We did the Liberty this past February. It is a great ship. I don't like the inside rooms. I would do the window anyday over it. I either do oceanview or balcony. Everyone has their own preference. We went inside a room down the hall from us. It was inside. I couldn't get out fast enough. It is well worth the extra money. Have a great time. Esther

its a matter of priorities, i suppose. the b2b i'm doing this fall was 3 times as much as an inside for an oceanview.

Are they the same size..ocv and inside? One web site that posts sq footage shows 160 for the inside and 185 for the ocv for Liberty cabins. I know they are both the same on a lot of Carnival ships and I've been meaning to call Carnival and find out for

The REAL answer to this question is that interior are 185 sq ft and oceanveiw is 220 sq ft for conquest/destiny class ships.

I have seen both. Also, OV has a couch.

I NEVER pay more for an "Ocean View"...

There are only three kinds of cabins on ANY ship:

1) Suites

2) Balconies

3) Everything else...

If you want to pay more, get a balcony--you GET more...You get two more chairs to sit in, your own private deck area, space to go outside and get fresh air, a sliding glass door that opens and really makes the cabin feel bigger...

If you spend a lot of time in your cabin...or if you crave space or are claustrophobic, it makes loads of sense...

BUT, if you're NOT going to waste a lot of your cruise sitting in your cabin, what's the point? You're in port for the day on port days...On "At sea" days, you're out and about the ship ...or up on the pool deck...

You come to the cabin to change clothes for dinner...and to SLEEP...

At night, especially when you are asleep, the view in an "ocean view" room is identical to the view in an inside room--it's jet black nothingness!!!

The only advantage, if it is one, to a window is that you don't need to arrange a wake up call...MAYBE...

Of course, that's just my opinion...

I booked the Liberty on an "Exotic Western" with a Balcony Guaranty...because it's got 4 at sea days...I don't care where the Balcony is, so the guaranty works fine...I'll take the worst Balcony cabin on the ship (though it never works out that bad)...and the cost is not much different at all from what a window cabin would cost...

bruin steve, as a rule I agree. Balconies ARE nice but just usually not in our budget. And having a window has never been a big deal to us. However, we are booked on the Liberty's November transatlantic and here is our dilemma...16 days with lots of 'sea' days. I'd like that couch (I think the inside has one chair + a desk chair, someone please confirm if you know), the extra room AND, yes, the window!

Second dilemma, ocv is quite a bit more expensive than the 4D assigned cabin we presently have booked. So my choices are to fork up several hundred more for a 6A or $20 more for a 4D guarantee and then pray a lot..which is probably a good thing anyway.

Decisions, decisions....

One more point which involves a question too. We just did a transatlantic on the Splendour of the Seas. (I can't believe we are doing it again this soon...there goes the kids inheritance!). We saw a really good rate on an inside and just went for it! We got an assigned cabin # and then, just before the cruise, we were upgraded to an ocv. Our TA said that was very unusual unless you book a guarantee. Is Carnival known to do that?

And yes, we ate our words ("who cares about an old window?") and really enjoyed having the ocv. Probably why I'm doing so much second-guessing now.

Advice and words-of-wisdom would be more than welcome!!!

The best cabins for the same money are the inside hallway are Deck 6. There are only 13 cabins in this hallway. It is a very quite hallway and the cabins are LARGE. You pay the same as an inside cabin with much less room. I just got off the Valor and had cabin #6297 and it was great! This December I am doing a back to back on the Liberty in cabin #6295. I don't waste my money on outside cabins ever.

Have Fun!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all your help im still trying to decide. I did call yesterday when they had the free upgrade. So I did go from deck 1 to deck 10. Which looks really nice since i will be on top and the same floor as a pool.

Is Deck 10 pool outside? looks like it alittle on the plans but so hard to tell? Is it better to be higher up on the ship, will it be a much smoother ride? :confused:

Im getting really excited for my first crusie, thanks everyone for your help. So glad i found this Board Im so addicted!!! :D

Correct me if I am wrong, but the pools are on the Lido deck, which is deck 9. Deck 10 is the top of the pool slide. On the Valor, we were on the Lido deck at the front of the ship, and we did not have any problems with motion.:p

The interior and OV rooms are the exact same size. I have done both, but I stayed interior on RCI - which is MUCH smaller than Carnival - and I was 100% satisfied with it.

On the Conquest class ship(Liberty) the Insides ARE smaller than the OV room. I prefer an outside but I just got off the Liberty in the Med and for 12 days shared an inside cabin with my daughter. It was adequate in size.

If you get an Inside do not get one on Deck 1, there was noise off and on below us. We were in cabin 1317.

Archived