Framed Balcony?

Bondso

Can someone please explain to me what a Framed Balcony is compared to a 'Normal Balcony" is? I appreciate it!:)

Maybe this photo will help.

Jewel_closeup.jpg

Note the forward most cabins are framed, those further aft aren't.

Is a framed balcony better or worse than a regular balcony? Or is it just personal preference? On the Pride of Aloha, which rooms have framed balconies, and which rooms have regular balconies? Thank you.

The Pride of Aloha doesn't have framed balconies. Only the 92,000-93,000 tons ships do. The Star, Dawn, Jewel, Pride of Hawaii, Pearl and Gem have/will have framed balconies. The Crown, Pride of Aloha, Sun, Spirit, Pride of America, Wind and Dream don't.

They provide more privacy from your neighbors, and have much less wind when the ship is underway. The disadvantage is that you'll have a smaller view from inside your cabin.

Does all NCL cruise ships have framed balconies? Specifically the Norwegian Spirit? Because I wouldn't want that kind of a balcony since it seems all caged in.

You already answered. Thanks

Does all NCL cruise ships have framed balconies? Specifically the Norwegian Spirit? Because I wouldn't want that kind of a balcony since it seems all caged in. You already answered. Thanks

Yes, I already have. Thanks for noticing!

Does all NCL cruise ships have framed balconies? Specifically the Norwegian Spirit? Because I wouldn't want that kind of a balcony since it seems all caged in.

You already answered. Thanks

We had a hulled balcony on the Dawn in March and absolutely loved it...the overall opening is a tad smaller than a regular but the advantages are ...first... not as much wind and draft as it is more enclosed...we left our door open a lot of nights just to enjoy the sea...second....it will be more private as it is hard to peek around from another balcony and see in...and it is just as bright and sunny but more shade if you want it...Just my 2 cents ..:D

How do you know if your cabin is a "framed balcony." We're on the Star in July and very far forward. I'm thinking that we might have one. What's the website that gives the layout of all cabins? I know I've seen it here but my searches come up empty.

Thanks!

How do you know if your cabin is a "framed balcony." We're on the Star in July and very far forward. I'm thinking that we might have one. What's the website that gives the layout of all cabins? I know I've seen it here but my searches come up empty.

Thanks!

What cabin number ??

Check out the deck plan and electricron's picture - all on deck 8 framed, first 6 on deck 9, first 4 on deck 10

Since we are discussing it. Anyone know if 11502 on the Pride of Hawaii is framed? Its like the second or third room back port side (but I wasnt sure if all balconies you see from the exterior are passenger ones or are the ones up front crew or something). I think the Jewel and POH are sister ships so if you know if its framed on Jewel is framed on POH.

Since we are discussing it. Anyone know if 11502 on the Pride of Hawaii is framed? Its like the second or third room back port side (but I wasnt sure if all balconies you see from the exterior are passenger ones or are the ones up front crew or something). I think the Jewel and POH are sister ships so if you know if its framed on Jewel is framed on POH.

None of the AF mini suites are framed. The forward framed areas on deck 11 are crew space.

Here is a picture taken from the second AF cabin back on the Dawn. The seas in Hi should be much nicer. :)

494246282_Dawn2005010.jpg.3211777d579bdabdafb22e986b2216f1.jpg

8512. Guess it's "framed."

Thanks.

Hello we had 8550 on the star and it was framed and in my honest opinion it made no difference, it was actually better like was said, less wind, more privacy.. the SQ ft is the same,.,,,

have a great cruise ... :D

melissa

• 1 month later...
None of the AF mini suites are framed. The forward framed areas on deck 11 are crew space.

Here is a picture taken from the second AF cabin back on the Dawn. The seas in Hi should be much nicer. :)

Hi shoreguy, assume that photo was taken from # 11502 - it looks as if that is the first non-hulled balcony (i.e. 11500 would be hulled/framed?)

Can anyone please confirm?

Also, how do I go about booking a specific suite #? Checking NCL website online booking only gives me 6 or 8 suite numbers per category - if they are not really what I want, is there a way to a specific suite #?

Any advice appreciated (these things get more complicated if you reside overseas ....)

:)

boeckli

Hi shoreguy, assume that photo was taken from # 11502 - it looks as if that is the first non-hulled balcony (i.e. 11500 would be hulled/framed?)

Also, how do I go about booking a specific suite #? Checking NCL website online booking only gives me 6 or 8 suite numbers per category - if they are not really what I want, is there a way to a specific suite #?

Any advice appreciated (these things get more complicated if you reside overseas ....)

boeckli

I can confirm what Shoreguy wrote simply by looking at the photo. The divider is present on the edge of the right side of the photo, and the handrail for the regular balcony extends one cabin forward; meaning the photo was taken from the second regular balcony cabin.

We had a hulled balcony on the Dawn in March and absolutely loved it...the overall opening is a tad smaller than a regular but the advantages are ...first... not as much wind and draft as it is more enclosed...we left our door open a lot of nights just to enjoy the sea...second....it will be more private as it is hard to peek around from another balcony and see in...and it is just as bright and sunny but more shade if you want it...Just my 2 cents ..:D

Yes, you do have a point. My husband is stupid that way and might not want to sleep with the balcony door open...Oh well, too bad for him:D He'd say that someone might come in and rob us.

boeckli

HI boeckli,

When I booked my cruise (POH 1/1/07), the NCL rep gave me a choice of room # and none of them were the ones you got to choose from on the website. :D

Hey shoreguy, Are you a TA? You seem to have all the answers. We will be in 11560 on POH. Thanks for all the great info.

Is a framed balcony better or worse than a regular balcony? Or is it just personal preference? On the Pride of Aloha, which rooms have framed balconies, and which rooms have regular balconies? Thank you.

personal preference...I like the hulled balconys due to the fact that they are more private and also at sea traveling they are less windy..

boeckli

None of the AF cabins are hulled. There is a door at the end of the hall to crew/officer area that in fact is the first hulled area on deck 11. To book a specific cabin pick up the phone and ring NCL or your TA.

Yes, you do have a point. My husband is stupid that way and might not want to sleep with the balcony door open...Oh well, too bad for him:D He'd say that someone might come in and rob us.

Sure will be hard to get away :D unless they have a boat waiting 11 stories down

Archived