Roll Call: Crown Princess - 8 day Repositioning/Halloween 10/27/2006

rthomasmke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well guys, unfortunately Dan and I had to cancel. Job loss. Hopefully we will catch up with everyone soon.

bob

Sorry to hear that bob. Any others going? Pete and Rolando I noticed on your signature you guys are going to do the Crown in Sept. I am doing the Adventure of the seas next month just to hold me over until Oct.

Does Princess do anything for Halloween? Anyone going to bring costumes?

Welcome aboard. Where are you guys from?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to this cruise. Princess is my favorite cruisel line. We're both from NYC. Carlos lives in the West Village and I live in Forest Hills (Queens). I'm sure Princess will do something for Halloween. I've been on a few cruises during Halloween and all did something. Best one was on Holland America Maasdam. A bunch of us just happen to meet on Halloween night and we went to the party and landed up taking over the dance floor. I usually don't bring a costume, just some Frankenstein glasses or some other novelty. But a lot of folks go all out.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to this cruise. Princess is my favorite cruisel line. We're both from NYC. Carlos lives in the West Village and I live in Forest Hills (Queens). I'm sure Princess will do something for Halloween. I've been on a few cruises during Halloween and all did something. Best one was on Holland America Maasdam. A bunch of us just happen to meet on Halloween night and we went to the party and landed up taking over the dance floor. I usually don't bring a costume, just some Frankenstein glasses or some other novelty. But a lot of folks go all out.

We are also from Queens, Jamaica/Richmond Hill area. This is going to be our first Princess Cruise. We normally cruise RCL, but this sailing was too go to pass up. Gives us a chance to try Princess. Are you staying a few days in San Juan? We are flying back the same day, but have a late afternoon flight. Have to figure out how we going to spend our day.

We're staying overnight in San Juan. Got a great deal on Priceline for the Caribe Hilton ($65.00) and then we fly home the following afternoon. Don't know what you can really do if you have an afternoon flight on Saturday. The ship will offer some tours that end up at the airport. Or you can plan on staying aboard the ship as late as they'll let you which is probably what we'll do since check in won't be til the afternoon. Problem going off on your own is your luggage, although the ship may have a program with certain airlines where they check your luggage for you. You may want to contact Princess if that's what you want to do. I hope you enjoy Princess. I much prefer it to RCI but I had a really bad experience with them and won't sail again. I know they have a really good past passenger program with lots of nice extras but I still feel more spoiled by Princess.

Great deal on Priceline. We decided to fly back on Saturday because it gave us Sunday to get back into the swing of things before heading back to the office on Monday. As for what we are doing. One of our plans is to take a cab Barrachina in Old San Juan where they will store your luggage at no charge. Giving us the liberty to walk around for the morning and early afternoon. Plan B is to bother my cousin and have her pick us up at the pier and make her babysit us until it is time for us to head to the airport. LOL. Either way we will make the best of the morning in Puerto Rico.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike. Just thought I'd check this thread and saw you posted recently. Did you plan any shore excursions yet? We booked the St. Kitts Railway and a sail/snorkel/lunch excursion on Antigua with Princess and then a snorkel boat on St. Kitts after the railway and a full day private tour of Dominica with independents. St. Thomas we'll probably just take a taxi to one of the snorkeling beaches like Coki or Sapphire.

I guess we'll get our tickets very soon. Can't wait. If you're interested, those of us on the board can make up to meet for a drink during sailaway. Let's talk.

Hi there,

Well I just got back from a Cruise on the Adventure of the seas it was great. Anyhow as far as excursions we booked the Wacky Roller 4wd tour from princess. That is all. In St. Thomas going to head to Coki was there a few days ago and loved it. Nothing planned for St. Kitts. In Antigua we are looking into the Eli's Eco-tour but haven't booked yet. I have to loose this weight I packed on the AOS to make room for the Crown! LOL.

Will be cool to meet up for a drink at sail away.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Sailing time is getting close!!! Got my docs on Tuesday. I am going to email the CD to see if he can set up a FOD meeting. If you guys want to meet prior to sail away. Lets set up something. This is my first time on Princess so I have no idea of an ideal location to meet. Anyone up to it? Have any ideas?

Mike

Cruisepup, (don't know your first name) LOL

That sounds good to us. Have you noticed we are the only two active ones on this thread? Where are the other guys that originally posted. I know the original poster dropped out of the cruise. I will still email the CD about arranging a GLBT Rainbow meeting that is what they call it now, about time they dropped the Friends of Dorothy term.

I noticed you posted a few times on the Roll Call board for our sailing, are you also going to get together with them at their sail away meeting? I know I posted a few times but to be honest those people have scared me! LOL...Tee shirts and Pins? Sounds like fun but not really our thing.

Your plans sound good. Lets finalize as we get close to the sailing date.

Mike and Louis

Hi Mike. The name is Scooter. I had started up early with the roll call but it became too cliquish and a lot of inside jokes and very little to do with cruising. I came back to it recently because of the Crown Bay docking issue but I didn't sign up for t's and pins. I did that once and it was fun but I wasn't drawn this time. I'm sure they're great people and they'll have a great time and I'll make sure to say hi to those wearing the t's but I decided to abstain. So, yes, we can firm up plans closer to sailing. By the way, I put together a great Halloween costume. Carlos has one too only he doesn't know it yet. Shhhhh!

Archived