Valor Piano Bar

*CruiseFan*

Last time I looked, that link was not up-to-date. But, I have great news for you. Ron Pass will be on the Valor (according to what he posted on another thread earlier this month):

Ron Pass

Piano Man

(Heading back to the Valor May 21 through to late October '06)

We had a great time with Ron on the Valor in Feb. 05. Lost my voice, of course. Definitely stay past closing time. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Send him regards from "Cowboy Mike and his wife" (I'm the wife, but my husband was the more memorable cowboy from NY) and SOCIAL!

Last time I looked, that link was not up-to-date. But, I have great news for you. Ron Pass will be on the Valor (according to what he posted on another thread earlier this month):

Ron Pass

Piano Man

We had a great time with Ron on the Valor in Feb. 05. Lost my voice, of course. Definitely stay past closing time. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Send him regards from "Cowboy Mike and his wife" (I'm the wife, but my husband was the more memorable cowboy from NY) and SOCIAL!

I will! How was the "adult" show? The after midnight funny entertainment in the piano bar tennis? We love the hilarious vulgar songs, haha, I won't lie. Everytime I hear them on my XM comedy I crack up.

Defintely not for kids! But lots of FUN on the FUN SHIP!

Re: opinions about various piano bar players, it definitely is personal opinion. As background, we are low 40's and love fast songs, rock and roll, southern rock, even country. We're from LI, home of Billy Joel (great concert at MSG this spring!) and just love to sing in piano bars (have only found them on cruise ships so far).

On the Libery this year, we had a piano bar player who thought American Pie was "too depressing" and skipped three-fourths of the verses. He also played "Hey Jude" then decided to "slow it down a bit." Not sure who his target audience was, but it wasn't us. When he played Itsy Bitsy Spider, we were OUT OF THERE... FAST.

We found Ron on the Valor about the 2nd night of our December 05 cruise and that is pretty much where we parked the rest of the cruise. He was great with the crowd and it was usually standing room only. You will enjoy him a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Hope to see you future cruisers in my piano bar for some sing-a-long, drink-a-long fun. I'll be on the Valor until late October or so. Yes, I do the "after hours" adult songs, too. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

Remember we entertainers can only do so much... The best cruises are when the crowd brings energy and enthusiasm to add to the mix!! :-)

Ron

Hey Ron,

We have a group of folks from your neck of the woods - Ithaca NY - coming on board the Valor July 9th. We will definitely come by to say "Hi" from your fellow upstate NYers. Can't wait!

We had Ron as our piano man, we didn't find the piano bar until 2nd or 3rd night, but we were there the rest of the time. I'll be dissapointed if he's not on our next cruise in Jan... Have fun on your cruise!

By all means enjoy Ron's singing and playing in the piano bar. Our group pretty much parked there every night last week. We would look for a cruise that he was going to be playing on. Even my parents, who are in their 70's, had a great time. They didn't know the music but they recognized the talent!

Ron Pass

Piano Man

I agree 100%! He was the best entertainment on the ship. No contest! We were the last ones to leave the piano bar every night!! My hubby must have bounced 50 quarters intto his little basketball goal. I certainly hope he is on our next cruise!

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Hope to see you future cruisers in my piano bar for some sing-a-long, drink-a-long fun. I'll be on the Valor until late October or so. Yes, I do the "after hours" adult songs, too. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

Remember we entertainers can only do so much... The best cruises are when the crowd brings energy and enthusiasm to add to the mix!! :-)

Ron

Ron, one week and you'll see us! I've been to your site and read your bio and such so now I'm REALLY excited. We're a fun, fun bunch and we'e all excited! As soon as I found out who was on the ship I sent out a mass e-mail to the rest of our group and they got excited too :)

Can't wait to meet you -- do you know if you'll be playing Sunday night? I think Scottie was off Sunday night on the Victory last year but I can't remember :)

I'm Ashley, can't wait to meet you in person!

Oh, and we'll definitely be there for the after hours songs, that's the best time because it's so funny and fun!

Archived