NCL Wishlist....

FundyGirl

Have to agree with most of you but especially the lemonade, cold soups and caffeine free pop. (I know cold soups are available at lunch time, but it'd be nice if they were available BOTH for lunch and dinner.):)

Now to add some more - I'd like just one more plug in for the cabin. I also think it would make sense to lower the prices of the candid photos taken by the ships photographers. I've watched a few times as they empty the photo holders at the end of the cruise and there are STACKS of unwanted photos. I believe they could sell quite a few more of them if the prices were lower. They could make a little more money, rather than just having to throw them out.

New to NCL & a little confused by this thread -

-you mean you can't bring wine or champagne aboard and bring it to your cabin??? Do they take it at embarkation??? and put it where????

- lemonade on the wishlist??? What beverages are free and available???

- bedding??? How bad is it???

- You can't follow your account on the tv??? You really have to schlep to the purser's desk when you need to know??? Can you call and get a tally slipped under your door??

- how much is an 8x10 photo???

- what's wrong with the current art auction company???

New to NCL & a little confused by this thread -

-you mean you can't bring wine or champagne aboard and bring it to your cabin??? Do they take it at embarkation??? and put it where???? Yes you can but you must pay a $15 per bottle corkage fee

- lemonade on the wishlist??? What beverages are free and available??? Coffee, tea & juice for breakfast....coffee, tea, water & iced tea for the rest of the day

- bedding??? How bad is it??? Slighty worn

- You can't follow your account on the tv??? You really have to schlep to the purser's desk when you need to know??? Can you call and get a tally slipped under your door?? Correct...Yes....I don't know

- how much is an 8x10 photo??? I think it was $19.99

- what's wrong with the current art auction company??? I'm not sure...

I think soda should be included in the price of the cruise. I'd also like to see NCL revamp their website to include more up-to-date pictures and virtual tours of the rooms on the various ships.

Two things I'd like to see:

1. An expanded room service menu for non-suite cabins

2. Elimination of special dining rooms for passengers in certain categories of cabins; we're returning to first-class and second-class passenger status, something that went the way of the dodo and should stay there; do whatever you want for passengers within their cabins/suites, but all public areas of the ship should be open to all passengers

2. Elimination of special dining rooms for passengers in certain categories of cabins; we're returning to first-class and second-class passenger status, something that went the way of the dodo and should stay there; do whatever you want for passengers within their cabins/suites, but all public areas of the ship should be open to all passengers

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I agree with Hotspur: I was about to add: the better room service menu, none of the lines have great choices, but most are certainly a step up from NCL; Cruiselover, for the open dining rooms depending on your cabin catagory: I think the reference is too: certain dining rooms are open for lunch and breakfast for suite passengers only. Some of you may not know this and I agee, this isn't quite what today's cruising is all about, or I don't think it is. It certainly isn't a big issue, but is an issue. The Art Auction company now contracted to NCL reminds me of the guy standing on the corner trying to convince us his tin chians are pure silver or like the venders who come up to you on your shore excursions. DD and I wouldn't have purchased a $500 picture selling for $5 from them. DD probably has, at least $10,000 worth of Park West art work in her home. NMNita

Two things I'd like to see:

1. An expanded room service menu for non-suite cabins

I would really.......really like to know where the first class area is:confused:

When we were on the Jewel in Feb Cagneys was open for breakfast ONLY suite passengers.

OH.......I misunderstood. IMO if you are a suite pax there are certain perks that are really "paid" for and I don`t see anything wrong with that. I can`t see why a pax paying $799.00 would expect the same perks as someone paying $3,000.00pp or more.:)

One more thing I would like to add to the wishlist:

Sailings from Seattle going south. Down to somewhere like San Diego and into Mexico if needed for the "foreign port" requirement. Stops along the way could be Astoria, OR, San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego - or anything along those lines.

I have to disagree with the person who said that pop SHOULD be included in the price. How many restaurants do you go to where pop is included with your meal? Or even coffee for that matter?

Yes, in a perfect world it would be nice to have pop, coffee AND booze included in the price. However, the price would not be as low as we are enjoying; not even close!

I have to disagree with the person who said that pop SHOULD be included in the price. How many restaurants do you go to where pop is included with your meal? Or even coffee for that matter?

Now don't forget, up until a couple years ago soda was included in the dining rooms with meals. It's something that was taken away, and some of us still remember. If you think drinks should be a la carte, how bout doing the same will food items, see what I mean?

-Monte

One more thing I would like to add to the wishlist:

Sailings from Seattle going south. Down to somewhere like San Diego and into Mexico if needed for the "foreign port" requirement. Stops along the way could be Astoria, OR, San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego - or anything along those lines.

Yes, in a perfect world it would be nice to have pop, coffee AND booze included in the price. However, the price would not be as low as we are enjoying; not even close!

I think the same thing: ever think about how much money Micky Ds make on drinks? At about $1.19 for a large soda, the money is in the drinks I do believe. NCL, I believe is the only line that includes capachino at every meal with no additional charge. There may be one or two others. NMNita

The first time we sailed on NCL was in 2003 and soda was not free. I didn't know that it once had been. But I stand by my question - how many restaurants do you go to where pop and coffee are included in the price of the meal? Even some buffets, which used to include them, now charge for pop and coffee.

The first time we sailed on NCL was in 2003 and soda was not free. I didn't know that it once had been. But I stand by my question - how many restaurants do you go to where pop and coffee are included in the price of the meal? Even some buffets, which used to include them, now charge for pop and coffee.

There was a time when soda was free in the dining rooms only: I can't remember any other time sodas cost nothing: because I am not a big soda drinker maybe I have forgotten, but granddaughters have cruised NCL, Celebrity and RCI in the past 8 years: never were sodas free other than maybe the dining room. NMnita

Soda was included in the dining rooms on most (if not all of the mass market lines) until recently (couldn't have been long before your first cruise). Most of the others that have stopped including it in the meal (many do consider a drink part of the meal) at least still have lemonade in the dining rooms.

Now to your question "how many restaurants do you go to where pop and coffee are included in the price of the meal?" I would have to ask in reply, how many restaurants do you know where seconds, thirds etc. are given without additional charges (including lobsters)? And how many restaurants do you go to where all meals are the same price?

To me neither question is especially relevant as to why NCL (or the other lines) now charge for a low cost item that they had previously included. Fountain soda is cheap, much more so than the cappuccino that NCL gives away at meals. And remember, other than in the dining room, even the cappuccino is an additional charge item, they could do the same with soda (as they had previously)

IMO-they do it only to increase the sales of their soda cards, and it has saved them money in my case (sort of). After they started charging for soda with meals, I started bringing soda with me on all my cruises. But now, I rarely buy soda cards for my kids. So it could be backfiring (at least in our case)

-Monte

When we were on the Jewel in Feb Cagneys was open for breakfast ONLY suite passengers.

Like anything else in this world, you get what you pay for.

If you go into a restaurant and order a burger for $7.00, do you want someone else to receive a filet mignon for the same $7.00???

Cagney's was also open for lunch...believe me...we paid for it!

I'll only complain when someone paying the SAME price as me receives more perks:)

Soda was included in the dining rooms on most (if not all of the mass market lines) until recently (couldn't have been long before your first cruise). Most of the others that have stopped including it in the meal (many do consider a drink part of the meal) at least still have lemonade in the dining rooms.

Now to your question "how many restaurants do you go to where pop and coffee are included in the price of the meal?" I would have to ask in reply, how many restaurants do you know where seconds, thirds etc. are given without additional charges (including lobsters)? And how many restaurants do you go to where all meals are the same price?

To me neither question is especially relevant as to why NCL (or the other lines) now charge for a low cost item that they had previously included. Fountain soda is cheap, much more so than the cappuccino that NCL gives away at meals. And remember, other than in the dining room, even the cappuccino is an additional charge item, they could do the same with soda (as they had previously)

IMO-they do it only to increase the sales of their soda cards, and it has saved them money in my case (sort of). After they started charging for soda with meals, I started bringing soda with me on all my cruises. But now, I rarely buy soda cards for my kids. So it could be backfiring (at least in our case)

-Monte

Monte ~

Excellent points.

We saw so much waste (food) in the restaurants on our first 2 cruises that we are sure that is what caused the recent change in the menus.

We do not think that the food quality changed, just the portions...which is fine since you can order as much/many as you like.

The waste at the chocoholic buffet is mind-boggling:eek:

We thought that perhaps that had been the problem with sodas in the past? People ordered and did not drink it since it was included? We hadn't cruised when soda was included with meals.

We too stopped buying the soda cards. We don't drink enough soda to warrant the price of the card.

We thoroughly enjoy the cappuccino every evening after dinner:)

Archived