Booked First Cruise

jujujlm

We just booked our first cruise. We are taking our 4 children on the Carnival Glory in the summer 2007. Even though it is far away, we are still really excited. We are planning on buying each of the kids suitcases for Christmas and placing their "ticket" in it. Until then, mums the word.

For now, I guess I spend my time research shore excursions. It took me forever to select a cruise so this could take a while!!

That's great and the planning and reading is half the fun! We surprised our kids with a cruise once and filled their suitcases with goodies like, suntan lotion, flip flops, sunglasses, hat, cruiseline brochure etc., then wrapped it up. It was a lot of fun.

Happy planning!:)

We were able to pull off a surprise cruise on our 2 sons up until the morning we boarded the ship. Since I pack for them for all their trips, it was easy to do.

We just told them we were going to Dad's reunion. Since he grew up in the same area where the cruise sailed from, they swallowed it hook,line and sinker.

It was fun!!

You are going to LOVE it! I only wish that I would have started cruising sooner. We took our daughter on her first one at age 12. So far we have been on 3. Our next one is scheduled for March 07 on the Liberty. One thing that I really like to take with me is an insulated large mug. I like to have iced beverages by the pool and they stay nice and cold.

Have fun!

B

Would you consider adopting my wife and I?

Seriously, what a wonderful gift to give to your children - the gift of travel and adventure! One thing though, and I speak from experience. My parents did something similar for their grandkids (ages 10 to 22) a few years ago. When the grandchildren opened their gifts on Christmas they were nowhere near excited as we thought they would be - because they didn't get it! They had never been on a cruise and so had no reference point for it. Since the cruise, which was in July, they've been begging for another one.

May God forgive you for getting your kids addicted to cruising while they are still young.

Enjoy!

Congratulations! We choose the Glory for our first cruise, you'll love it! :D

And, everyone is right, it is addicting!! But, if I have to be addicted to something, I'll take cruising - thank you very much!! :p

Enjoy the planning...it's ALMOST as much fun as the cruise. ;)

You are going to be so, so happy you did this... the anticipation is almost as much fun as the cruise.

You will learn a lot here, so stay tuned...

As for the excursions, a lot of first timers book with the cruise line. I know I did. More experienced travelers book their own excursions. That's a call you will have to make.

There is nothing quite like watching the ropes go from taut to slack... watching that sunset... the new taste sensation in the dining room... the silliness near the pool.

These are but a few of the memories you will make and come to cherish.

Archived