Airfare: Chicago to London

I'm looking for cheap airfare from Chicago to London in July. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to look online other than CheapTickets, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz? (Not willing to do Priceline for airfare). Thanks!

I'm looking for cheap airfare from Chicago to London in July. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to look online other than CheapTickets, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz? (Not willing to do Priceline for airfare). Thanks!

Have you considered using Frequent flyer miles?

When are you going and what is the price range that you are looking for?

I'm in pre-planning mode for airfare to London next June. I've been using http://www.ba.com (British Airways) to keep an eye on pricing and have found their prices to be as good or better then the on-line travel agencies. Also, the way they are structured, it's easy to see the cheaper options within a few days of your planned travel date. I have noticed wide variations in airfare from one month to the next. I'll probably buy sooner rather than later, once I have the funds and am able to buy for next June, when I see the prices are good.

You can NOT make a reservation fon any airline for MORE than 330 in advance for obvious reasons.

If you are planing to use Frequent flyer miles you have to make the reservations within 1 or 2 days from the 330 day time period for there are a limited number of FF seat avaiable on international flights and they go very fast.

Excellent point, .ewinstein! Good luck using FF miles during the peak summer months to Europe! (50,000 miles per ticket). You can't make reservations more than 11 months out, either. Mid-May through mid-Sept. is the most expensive time of year to fly to Europe. Think of all the hundreds of land-tour companies that do European excursions in the summer! All of those thousands of Globus/Cosmos/Trafalgar/Brendon/Contiki etc. tourists have to get to Europe somehow, and these companies routinely hold blocks of seats WAY out, because they have contracts with several airlines. Best bet is to just keep checking out the fares, and good luck!

IMSULIN:

My entire immediate family, group of 7 are sailing on the Brillance of the Seas on July 1, 2004 from Barceloma Spain. I have used my FF miles on Delta for all of us, Phoenix to Baceloma. First Class, actually it is "Business Elite". Had no problem geting reservations.

We are also booked on the Navigator of the Seas for 2 cruises back to back for June 2005 sailing out of Miami. I am waiting for the 330 day to book First class space with either AA or Delta for all 7 people again using my FF miles.

I do not see any problem.

Actually I'm looking for this July - as in 4 weeks. I do not have any FF miles. The best price I have found is American for $673 RT. It seems high, but everything else is higher - maybe that's the best I can do for summer travel.

SURGIE:

I assume that you are not going on a cruise with this short notice.

Your price from AA of $673.00 is a very good price, I also assume that it is a highly restricted ticket, NO REFUNDS or CHANGES. I aslo assume that this is a coach ticket.

I know a couple that is paying $900.00 RT per person from Ohio to Venice and is as happy as a pig in you know what.

Surgie. $673 seems like a good price to me, snap their hand off. I fly from Manchester to Orlando on friday for just over $1000 (Virgin Atlantic). I've had this booked for over six months and couldn't get anything any cheaper.

Enjoy your time in the UK hope you have some nice weather.

Try airgorilla.com. I recently had to get my parents tickets to Greece.. and I am really good at finding low airfares, and tickets that were running $1300+ everywhere else were $780 at airgorilla. They work with a large travel consolidator, and get consolidator rates. These were even e-tickets on the most direct route with the preferred airline. I was amazed.

We dd last minute (3 week) tickets Colorado Springs to Gatwick and used an air consilidator and got our paper tickets for 603 each. The paper turned out great as there was a storm in Houston and we couldn't fly there so us with paper tickets got routed through Atlanta and e tickets had to wait. I guess paper tickets are easier to transfer to a different airline if necessary. Here is a link to googles air consolidator sites. We used airlineconsolitor.com and our tickets came from cheapinternationflights.net

Good luck

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=airfare+consolidators&spell=1

Archived