Wine in Southampton

marbet

Does anyone have a view on whether or not it is worthwhile to try to buy wine in Southampton prior to boarding ship? If so, any recommendations on where? We are on the July 15th Sea Princess to Scandinavia.

If you are staying in Southampton overnight /before the cruise you can buy wine at any supermarket

Tesco , Waitrose and Sainsbury all have pretty good selections

i will look up addresses and see where they are situated close to the port etc if you tell me which hotel you are staying in

We are going on the same cruise! On the Britain board, I have read many recommendations on Waitrose and we plan to go there in the morning before embarkation. My husband is hoping to get some decent bottled beer to take on the ship, though I hear Boddington's is on draught on the Sea.

Well,

you certainly can't beat Boddington's on draught, looking forward to seeing you on board Mariakitty ;)

We will be taking the train in from London that morning and plan on getting to Southampton around noon, thanks for volunteering to look up the nearness to a hotel philipahain, probably will need closest to the dock.

THanks for the website K&D it was helpful.

Archived