Dirty clothes?????

No matter how well we plan, always seems like DD has a few wet items that we need to carry off the ship/pack the night before. Love this idea, because it allows for flexibility with packing that wet stuff.

Debbie

When we take off our dirty clothes, we fold them and put them back in a suitcase under the bed. We found that folded clothes take us less space than just thrown in there. IF there's anything wet on the last night, we put it in a two gallon Ziplock bag. We always bring extras with us. We've never had a problem with smelly laundry any more than if you'd put them in a laundry bag and then dump them into your luggage on the last night. Besides that, we store our luggage in the attic of our garage and by the next time we go to use them, they are aired out quite well. Even if they weren't, there's always Fabrese which we use to freshen them up before we pack anyway.

On a 7-day cruise, it is easy to pack enough clothes so you will always have some clean ones. In a pinch, there is a self-service laundry. But who wants to do laundry on vacation?

I find that jeans, and shorts, which are the bulkiest items, can be worn multiple times before they need laundering. I always seem to bring a change of shorts for every day, but end up wearing my favorites instead. I always come home with unworn clothes.

Also, if you plan to buy souvenier T-shirts, you can wear some of them to have even more clean clothes to choose from.

We too, also pack and use those pop-up ones. It sure helps in the kids room from walking in to a pile of clothes EVERYWHERE! But the night before we disembark, we wash clothes. I hate to come home with dirty laundry in my suitcase. And besides, who would want to get home from heaven and have to do 5 loads of laundry the same day??:eek: Not I, this way everyone grabs their bag and unpacks all clean clothes! No dirty laundry to do for atleast a week!

And you got to love that!:D

On a 7-day cruise, it is easy to pack enough clothes so you will always have some clean ones. In a pinch, there is a self-service laundry. But who wants to do laundry on vacation?

I find that jeans, and shorts, which are the bulkiest items, can be worn multiple times before they need laundering. I always seem to bring a change of shorts for every day, but end up wearing my favorites instead. I always come home with unworn clothes.

Also, if you plan to buy souvenier T-shirts, you can wear some of them to have even more clean clothes to choose from.

We always have extra clothes too...by the way Salty..we're in Concord, NC!!

For several cruises, I took a few of the 2-gallon size Ziploc freezer bags, and for the last cruise, I took the new largest size. I found them at WalMart. (I think it's 5-gallon, but I don't have any on hand right now to check the exact size.)

Thanks, Cotton.....appreciate the helpful hints.

We have always used the kitchen sized trash bags for dirty laundry. We leave it on the floor of the closet and when ready to leave, it gets tied up (we use the ones with the drawstrings) and the air squished out and back in the suitcase. Once at home it gets tossed in the laundry room.

This Sept. cruise we are going down 3 days early...might have to do a little laundry.:eek:

I use a large ziploc and throw them in an empty drawer or under the bed. I have no problem doing a load of laundry onboard. I've met some wonderful people in the laundry room. I travel light and I don't overpack.... plus there isn't much dirty laundry to do when I get home.

We put the dirt laundry in the two drawers under the sofa. The rest of our clothes have always fit in the rgular drawers and the closet. We generally just fold them as we go, towards the end of teh cruise I just pack the dirt stuff in the suite cases.

I do like the idea of zip lock bags for the under garments and swim suite. Will do that this time.

Hm! Good idea, Cotton. I know your just waiting for this question....lol! Just where do you get HUGE Ziploc bags.....haven't seen them.

Judy

Walmart. They are with all the other ziploc bags. They come 4 to a package.

We got some ziplocs that are XL Ziplocs. They don't have a gallon size on them but they do say 2ftx1.7ft. We got ours at Publix but I am sure Walmart also has them. They will work great!

The XL size are listed as 10 gallons, the XXL size doesn't list a gallon size, but measure 2 feet wide by 2.7 feet long!

Stewie

I would rather do a couple of loads on vacation than when I get home. I hate having dirty laundry in my luggage. I usually scoop the laundry bags at the hotel I have stayed in for my laundry, until I do my laundry, on my vacation.:)

Archived