Dirty clothes?????

We keep a mesh laundry bag on the floor of the closet and fill it as the week goes on. Then when we pack we dump it all into the suitcases since I wash everything once we get home. We do this everywhere we travel.

Anyone remember before towel animals, the stewards used to make things out of your clothes? :eek:

I remember, Pete!!!! I had a Mexican sombrero made from my nightgown the day we were in Cozumel! It was too cute!

I have a travel laundry bag that I hang in the closet. During the cruise, I always do a couple loads of laundry. I just can't stand to have it pile up and really hate unpacking luggage full of dirty clothes. Plus doing laundry helps us pack less.

Guest laundries are one of the many reasons I prefer Carnival to Royal Caribbean.

Hi,

I keep my empty suitcase under the bed. At night after changing into my sleepwear I take my dirty clothing and put it in the suitcase. This way at the end of the cruise I don't have to take alot of time packing and can enjoy my last night without stress or worry.

I wouldn't want my luggage to smell like dirty clothes!:p Ewww.

I take a couple of the HUGE Ziploc bags. All the dirty clothes go into those, zipped up, and placed on the top shelf of the closet. No 'odor' in cabin or luggage.

We also keep it in the bottom of the closet, and I, too, do laundry at least once while we're on board. With 4 of us, it piles up quickly! By washing our things part way through the cruise, I can pack fewer swimsuits, pjs, underwear etc., and we wear the same clothes traveling home that we did to travel to the port. I wouldn't consider a ship that didn't have self-service laundry facilities...at least until the kids are old enough to drag their own luggage around. ;)

We have at home about 4 pop-up hampers.We sort our loads by color, and put them into these pop up hampers so we can wash them. Jeans in blue, reds in red, etc... We take 2 of these on vacation with us, so we can at least sort/wash two loads. We also do laundry on our trip, but usually stay a few days before and after in our locations, so it really helps with overpacking for us!

Debbie

As a person who runs almost every day I have way to many t-shirts, socks and running shoes. I bring my oldest cloths to run in and after the run I just throw them out each day. The shoes go in the trash on the last day. This also makes room in the luggage for the extras we bought in port.

Does anyone know what hours the laundry rooms are open on Carnival? We are sailing on the Spirit in 2 weeks. I'm thinking that late at night maybe the laundry won't be too crowded. Thanks

The laundry rooms are open all night.

I pack our undies, socks, swimsuits, pj's and workout clothes in a couple of those space saver plastic bags that you push the air out of to save space in your luggage. I unpack those items and put into drawers in the cabin. The dirty items then go into the space saver bags which are left in the closet. At the end of the cruise, just push the air out of the bags again, and throw into the suitcase. Works great!

I wouldn't want my luggage to smell like dirty clothes!:p Ewww.

I take a couple of the HUGE Ziploc bags. All the dirty clothes go into those, zipped up, and placed on the top shelf of the closet. No 'odor' in cabin or luggage.

Hm! Good idea, Cotton. I know your just waiting for this question....lol! Just where do you get HUGE Ziploc bags.....haven't seen them.

Judy

I DON'T wash clothes on my vacation.....of course, I probably would HAVE to if we were staying in Port for several days like a Hawaiideb said.

MomofZeke, I like your smart method of handling dirty laundry.

.......and, yes, Cotton.......our dirty laundry isn't sweet-smelling either....lol!

Hm! Good idea, Cotton. I know your just waiting for this question....lol! Just where do you get HUGE Ziploc bags.....haven't seen them.

Judy

HUGE Ziploc bags can be found at Target and now at Wal-Mart. They're like 2-1/2 gallon or is it 5 gallon size? Plenty big and great to pack with!

HUGE Ziploc bags can be found at Target and now at Wal-Mart. They're like 2-1/2 gallon or is it 5 gallon size? Plenty big and great to pack with!

Great.....thanks, Fancy!

I pack our undies, socks, swimsuits, pj's and workout clothes in a couple of those space saver plastic bags that you push the air out of to save space in your luggage. I unpack those items and put into drawers in the cabin. The dirty items then go into the space saver bags which are left in the closet. At the end of the cruise, just push the air out of the bags again, and throw into the suitcase. Works great!

I love this idea and the large ziplock bags! I think the spacesaver ones would be great for packing anyway...and I ALREADY HAVE THEM! :p LOL I just never use the smaller ones, just the comforter size ones.

THANKS!!!!!

For several cruises, I took a few of the 2-gallon size Ziploc freezer bags, and for the last cruise, I took the new largest size. I found them at WalMart. (I think it's 5-gallon, but I don't have any on hand right now to check the exact size.)

Archived