11:40 out of FLL Too early?

Probably a stupid question but do you think if we do the self assist debarkation we could make that flight?:confused:

Keep in mind, we are docking in MIAMI!! So, we would need to go from Miami to Fort Lauderdale to catch flight @11:40am.I think it may be a risk but it is the only good times for a non stop right now out of Chicago!:eek:

DH and I have done the self assist and had a 1130am flight out of MIA twice with no problems, and time to spare. I have heard that it's about a 40 minute ride to FLL from the port of Miami though. I think it might be a risk!

We had a 12:40 flight scheduled. Family had a 10:40. We made it to the airport, changed our flights to the 10:40 and had an hour to spare. I would not worry.

Unfortunately, that is not always the case. With customs, immigration and traffic, anything can happen. For peace of mind, book a later flight, otherwise you will be worrying about it for the entire cruise.

We had a 12:40 flight scheduled. Family had a 10:40. We made it to the airport, changed our flights to the 10:40 and had an hour to spare. I would not worry.

I had the opposite happen. I had an 11:40 flight scheduled out of MIA (which is a lot closer than FLL) on a sailing from Miami. I missed the flight by over an hour.

Probably a stupid question but do you think if we do the self assist debarkation we could make that flight?:confused:

Keep in mind, we are docking in MIAMI!! So, we would need to go from Miami to Fort Lauderdale to catch flight @11:40am.I think it may be a risk but it is the only good times for a non stop right now out of Chicago!:eek:

Hubby and I took a cruise out of Miami and flew in/out of Ft. Laud 03/06 and did the self debarkation. We debarked and were off the ship and standing on the curbside at 7:15am and at the Ft. Laud airport at 8am. We booked a flight at 2pm and had to wait!!!! Everyone said before noon would be too early yet here we were there at 8am and had to wait, wait, wait. It literally took us 15 minutes to get off the ship, no lines or nothing. We found a shuttle (not pre-arranged) outside the cruise terminal for $20 a piece and rode that to the airport, total time 45 minutes.

I was on the triumph two weeks ago and they held up the debarking. We finally arrived at FLL at 11:30. I would not chance it. We had the 1:05 flight direct to chicago before catching our connection to lax. I wouldn't chance booking that early.

If you buy fully refundable tickets then you can try it. Otherwise, if EVERYTHING goes well, you will make it. If there are any problems, you will not make it. Do you really want to take that chance?

Even if everything goes great it only takes 1 accident on the freeway to put you there late. If you miss it they will put you standby on a later flight. The problem is then all the ships(Carnival,RCCL and so on) have unloaded and all the flights are full. We fly standby on all our flight and if we cant get on a early one we wont hang around because we know they are full. It could ruin a great vacation. But it could work out. Can you afford the gamble of leaving a day later if it doesnt. Dont cry to the airline employee that you just have to be on the next flight if you dont make it.

Archived