Clocks

I know they usually don't have clocks in the rooms, and I can understand with time changes that would be a lot of work, but is there a channel on the TVs that lets you know the local time?
I have only seen the ship's time on the TV.

On some of our cruises the ships have changed time zones and others have not. One Mexican Riviera cruise changed to port time except for one stop.

At any rate, you will receive notice in your state room about time changes when they do occur. Just follow the instructions (like "stay on ships time") and allow yourself a bit of extra time to get back to the ship.

Charlie

Ship's time is the reference clock used by the ship for the duration of the cruise. Typically, it starts with the local time at your point of departure, but that is not always the case, and proceeds 24 hours for each day at sea.

It's smart to synch your watch to the ship's time upon embarkation and to make sure you are back onboard well before the appointed "ships-time-departure" any time you are in a port of call.

RCCL keeps a list of reasons why people are left behind at ports of call. Standing on the dock at "3 PM Local Time" only to watch the ship pull away at "4 PM Ships Time is actually the third most common reason. (It is the least forgiveable because it can be prevented.) The top two are "passed out due to high blood alcohol content" and "I met this hot Island chick and she promised to give me a Wika Talo Wambuzzi..which I am sure meant either another drink with an umbrella in it or something too wild to pass up".;)

Ship's time is the reference clock used by the ship for the duration of the cruise. Typically, it starts with the local time at your point of departure, but that is not always the case, and proceeds 24 hours for each day at sea.

It's smart to synch your watch to the ship's time upon embarkation and to make sure you are back onboard well before the appointed "ships-time-departure" any time you are in a port of call.

RCCL keeps a list of reasons why people are left behind at ports of call. Standing on the dock at "3 PM Local Time" only to watch the ship pull away at "4 PM Ships Time is actually the third most common reason. (It is the least forgiveable because it can be prevented.) The top two are "passed out due to high blood alcohol content" and "I met this hot Island chick and she promised to give me a Wika Talo Wambuzzi..which I am sure meant either another drink with an umbrella in it or something too wild to pass up".;)

A Wika Tala WHATTA! That is hilarious. Does RCCL have this listed posted on their website or anywhere? I would love to read it.....

A Wika Tala WHATTA! That is hilarious. Does RCCL have this listed posted on their website or anywhere? I would love to read it.....

They used to have it posted on their site until apparently there were some people injured while trying to do the Wiki Tala Wambuzzi manuever back on the cruise ship. So the RCCL lawyers asked them to pull it from the site. I'm not allowed to tell all the details.....but apparently something went wrong and the gerbil did not do what he was trained to do, which made the midget fall off the donkey and then somebody slipped on the olive oil. Oopps. I have said too much already. :D

Some cruise lines tell you that the ships time moves ahead or back an hour and as stated before this isnt allways local time for your port so wear a watch and be on ships time so you dont watch it sail off.

I was in nassau's cable beach and while headin back to the port our cab picked up people running in the direction or the port. They were so drunk when they saw another carnival ship leaving they thought it was ours. One of the highlights of a really lowsy cruise.

Archived