Car Rental in Skagway

mar326

Can anyone answer a couple of ??'s regarding car rentals in Skagway? I can't rent from Avis because they have no more available cars but the other rental car company in Skagway emailed me that they have one. Question is, has anyone rented from Sourdough?? How old are their cars?? What happens if they break down on the way to Emerald Lake?? Where in Skagway are they located? I haven't been able to get an answer to my questions form them one the phone because of the time changes and my work schedule. I would appreciate any help.

We rented from Sourdough on May 19th - the car we were supposed to have was put in the ditch the day before so we were given a dodge van - it was not brand new but it definitely got us to Emerald Lake and back with no problems.

Rent your car and enjoy

I also have rented from Sourdough this year and do not recommend them. There car was not maintained although clean (had a dirty car last time :) )

I had their Taurus and didn't even get 20mpg. The gas gage was all over the place and not a perfect sounding engine. The car did make 166 miles, but I did report the problems and they didn't seem at all concerned. This was their first cruise ship and the cars should have been in top condition.

They are also terrible with getting back to you with emails.

Archived