D1 vs. D2?

Does anyone know the difference between these two categories? Specifically on Mariner of the Seas. On RCCL website the descriptions don't indicate a difference, except that all D2's appear to be on Deck 8. Is Deck 8 inferior in some way? (Obstructed view possibly?)

:confused:

Location, location, location.

Some people like the higher decks, whereas a lot of us like the lower decks. You would have to check the website for the list of those cabins with obstructed views.

I just looked and I sure don't see much difference in the location of the D1 and D2 cabins.

Have fun deciding!

All D catagory cabins are the same size. Usually, the more central locations and higher decks are D1's. Absolutly nothing wrong with deck 8 on Mariner! I don't believe any have obstructed views. But if you go to 7blueseas.com, their deck plans indicate which, if any, cabins on any ship have obstructied or paritally obstructed views.

For our upcoming cruise on the Explorer, my family has several D1 & D2 cabins. They are all very close to each other on the same deck. The only difference was that the D1 cabins could accommodate a third and fourth passenger, but the D2s couldn't. All our cabins are on Deck 9.

We booked adjoining cabins for our upcoming Mariner cruise. One thing I noticed while looking through the various cabins was that all the adjoining cabins in the category were D1. The same thing for the E catergory. Only the E1 cabins were adjoining. No D2 or E2 cabins were connected.

Archived