St Kitts-What beach after Brimstone Fortress?

Boatingmom

Going to St Kitts in March. Last time there it rained so we stayed on the ship. This time we plan on visiting the fortress in the morning. Afterwards we plan on heading to a beach before returning to the ship. I was interested in a beach with calm waters, water sports or jet skis for the children, floats for me and an excellent beach bar with music for the DH. Is that South Friars or another. What are the chances?:rolleyes:

Going to St Kitts in March. Last time there it rained so we stayed on the ship. This time we plan on visiting the fortress in the morning. Afterwards we plan on heading to a beach before returning to the ship. I was interested in a beach with calm waters, water sports or jet skis for the children, floats for me and an excellent beach bar with music for the DH. Is that South Friars or another. What are the chances?:rolleyes:

South Friars would be a good choice.

Thanks for the info. How does Turtle compare to South Friars? Which is more "fun"? Are they both suitable for a 6 * 9 year old? FYI Jet skis are not mandatory. Carib and music are:D

I love Turtle beach and the resident monkeys are fascinating and the views of Nevis are lovely BUT it is basically at the opposite end of the island from Brimstone Hill. If paying the extra bucks (and time) to get there does not bother you, it is probably my favorite.

I guess that is a consideration as the ship is only in port until 2:30 or 3:00 pm. We figured we'd get to the fortress at about 10:00 and stay about 2 hours. Is South Friars closer to Brimstone or the ship? How far out of the way is Turtle? Thanks in advance:D

First of all I would like to thank Liz for sharing the email address of a wonderful tour guide/driver in St. Kitts. We spent a wonderful day last April on the unspoiled island of St. Kitts and got to see and do everything we hoped for with our tour guide, Thenford Grey. This gentleman is very well spoken and knowledgeable about his island. His large van is new and very comfortable. We had 12 people onboard and it did not feel crowded at all. He took us around the island and we stopped at the Fortress, the batik as well as Romney Gardens. The we went back to the ship for a quick lunch as he waited for us and then we proceeded to Turtle Beach for a fun afternoon. Because we had a large group we were able to get the entire day with him for only $25 per person. Anyone who choses to go with Mr. Grey will NOT be disappointed.

His email address is:

thenang06@yahoo.com

Liz, thanks again for all of your help. We were most impressed with St. Kitts and it's unspoiled beauty. :)

Julie

Archived