Special Occassion Question

storelady

We celebrated mom's birthday on board last year. I entered the information in the "special celebration" section of the cruise personalizer. We ended up with cakes in Sabbatini's and in the Traditional dining room the next night, because our wait staff was sad that they were left out when we celebrated in Sabbatini's.

This is our first Princess cruise and only 2nd cruise. We will be celebrating our 8th anniversary and DH's 64th birthday. I put it on the personalizer and also advised my TA. Our anniversaries are always very special because my DH asked me to marry him in 1979 and I turned him down. Did not see him for 19 years and when I saw him again I found out that he never married anyone else because I was the only person he ever loved. We are called Cinderella and Prince Charming. We got married 6 months after we saw each other. He is such a Mr. Right instead I married Mr. Wrong twice. Never give up your soulmate is out there somewhere. It may take many years to find him like I did but don't give up.

We just celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary while on the Coral and even though I also reported it in the personalizer nothing was done so my DH went to the purser's desk and told them and the room steward did put up ballons. We have also found that it is very hit and miss. Another couple on our cruise never did get ballons. So it is very much hit and miss as to Princess reading the personalizer. We also got a cake at dinner.

Marilyn

I had put my daughter's b-day into the cp a couple of cruises ago (we were sailing just a few days after that) and when we got to our cabin, there were no balloons or sign. Next cabin did. Not sure if someone messed up on which cabin or that my notation got lost into cyberspace. After a couple of days, I called the desk and told them about her birthday. She did got a cake. It was delish.

Archived