Celebrity cruiser looking @ Legend of the Seas

My DW & I have only had 1 cruise, it was on Celebrity Constellation (Nov05). We also have a HAL Zuiderdam booked for E.Carib Nov06. Hooked on cruising???....YES!! We kinda thought for our 3rd cruise that we wanted to try a Transatlantic to the Med. We are looking at LOS for Apr07 Transatlantic Tampa to Rome. I guess I was wondering if anybody has sailed the Constellation (Millenium class) AND Legend of the Seas (Vision class) as a comparison? Both ships seem to be about the same pax size, so I'm wondering if we can expect a similar experience.

Also, another question for the Vision-class cruisers. I am "slightly" handicapped in that I need a wheelchair for any type of distance, I'm OK around the cabin with 2 forearm crutches. Because of the limited choice and availability of HC cabins, I was wondering if a "regular" Junior Suite or Grand Suite would be accessible enough for me? My main concerns would be getting the wheelchair thru the cabin door opening (30"??) and negotiating the bathroom amenities such as the entry, "potty", sink and shower. I'm thinking the cabin and the balcony would not be a problem with the crutches. The reason is my wife wanted to try a stern cabin for the trip and none are marked as HC.

While I'm at it....we were also thinking of spending a few post-cruise days in Rome before flying home...any suggestions for hotels/must-see's??

hi boomer

I have just come of the Vision of the Seas 2 weeks ago and last year sailed on the Infinity (millennium class).

The millennium class ship is a lot bigger in every sense I believe the tonnage was 91,000 against 77,000. From memory I would honestly say you will have no problems. On the vision a few weeks ago there were several wheelchair users and the crew were beyond more than competent to ensure they had your best intentions at heart. Access to all areas was fine, just use the lifts on the Central atrium and you have total access.

We were like yourselves so impressed with cruising we are on our 5th one in October and we only stated in 2004. We were spoiled rotten by the Celebrity crew and will keep on using them if at all possible to the degree we have booked the same suite on the Infinity for Hawaii in October.

Kind Regards

Gary

ps even though from europe have never been to Italy so I cant help you on that one.

Archived