Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Marteen...shore excursions...

sailwithme56

Did you take the dolphin swim on Nassau? What did you think? We are on the Valor on 7/2. What about shore excursions on St. Maarten and St. Thomas? We were thinking about just going to a beach to snorkel. Any suggestions? Don't want to be on any nude beaches. We have teens.....

Hi! We did the dolphin encounter in Nassau last year and LOVED it!:p It was kind of expensive, but to us it was well worth it. We do not know how to swim, so just standing in 3 feet of water in the ocean and touching these beautiful animals was wonderful. It wasn't the swim. But it was great anyway. Have a good cruise!

Try this link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

There are discussions for every port of call and you will find oodles of info.

(My daughter rode a horse on part of a nude beach and said "yuck!" so you really don't need to worry. After the first gravity-impaired grandmother walks by they won't look anymore!)

Did you take the dolphin swim on Nassau? What did you think? We are on the Valor on 7/2. What about shore excursions on St. Maarten and St. Thomas? We were thinking about just going to a beach to snorkel. Any suggestions? Don't want to be on any nude beaches. We have teens.....

We booked an excursion thru Carnival while in St. Thomas. We went to Meghan's Bay and Paradise Point. Meghan's Bay is awesome! The water is very calm, the water is warm and such a pretty shade of blue. Just make sure to really lather up with a lot of sunscreen. The sun is intense even when it doesn't feel that hot outside. My teen dd got sunburn so badly. I did not notice any nude people while at Meghan's Bay. I do not know if Meghan's Bay offers snorkeling but it is a perfect place to go and swim and relax for the day.

While in St. Maarten we went to Dawn Beach to snorkel. I thought the water was gorgeous but way to rough to snorkel even tho there were other people pretty far out in the water snorkeling. My dh spotted one lady who was nude. I never noticed her. He later told me I walked right past her at least 5-6 times. lol When I questioned others about a beach they suggested Front Street? I believe you can tax a water taxi to reach it? It is located about 5 minutes from the port. There are shops and a boardwalk too. I'm not sure if I have the name exactly right. Maybe someone else can lend a hand with the correct name of the beach or offer other places they have been to. I was told by Carnival employees that St. Maarten beaches are liberal as far as nudity goes. hth

Hi

We used godfrey tours in St. Thomas and Joyce prince in St. Marteen.

They were both wonderful and I would use them again.

Godfrey dropped us downtown for shopping then around the island for the tour and the to coli beach for snorkling.

Joyce tool us around the island and we then decided to go back to the ship but she would have dropped us at a beach and come back to get us.

Go to the ports of call boards and you can get their email addresses.

St Marten. You can grab a taxi at port and take less than 10 minutes to little Divi Bay resort. Enjoy the beach and they also offer water sports. Ski Jets too. Or you can go on the Golden Eagle catamarran. They take you out snorkeling, lunch, rum punch, sodas, etc. Dance and sing all the way back. :D

We booked an excursion thru Carnival while in St. Thomas. We went to Meghan's Bay and Paradise Point. Meghan's Bay is awesome! The water is very calm, the water is warm and such a pretty shade of blue. Just make sure to really lather up with a lot of sunscreen. The sun is intense even when it doesn't feel that hot outside. My teen dd got sunburn so badly. I did not notice any nude people while at Meghan's Bay. I do not know if Meghan's Bay offers snorkeling but it is a perfect place to go and swim and relax for the day.

Did you have time to go up on Paradise Point? This is the exact excursion we are booked for. Did you really enjoy the whole excursion? Thanks!

Archived