Live from Millennium!

iandjm

Hey all,

Just a quick message to say Millennium is still as fantastic as ever. We are on a 12 night Venice to Barcelona cruise. The weather is amazing. Millennium is in great condition, no signs of the disrepear reported on here ( I am very fussy!) Our CC stateroom is great. The service is brilliant, and all crew are full of smiles and seem happy to be on the ship. As usual the food is faultless too. I love MILLENNIUM!

Ian:D

Hi Ian,

Happy to hear that you are having as good a time as we did last week.

I agree with you 100%.

If you are in the Martini Bar please say hello to Michael, T.J. and Freddie.

Tell them the "Happy Family sends their love, and we miss them".

We wish we were still sailing.

Mari:)

In short, just ignore the small but very vocal group of constant whiners that have hijacked this forum :D

Have a great cruise Ian! It was fun cruising with you last year on Infinity. Based on your signature, I conclude that we will 'cross paths' in Barcelona in November... when you are getting off Millennium, I will be boarding her for the Transatlantic! Can't wait!!! :D

Cheers,

Floris

Dear Ian,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post. I am so glad to hear that you are having a terrific time. It is also good to hear that the Millennium is in good shape. It is truly refreshing!! I have started to become a little concerned with all the reporting of "worn and tired" public rooms and staterooms. I am particular as well so I am definitely encouraged by your post.

I am not at all surprised about the crew. We have sailed on the Constellation and Infinity and the crew are truly outstanding!!

We are leaving on Saturday for Barcelona and are scheduled to set sail on June 7th. We are very much looking forward to our cruise. It will be the first time for us cruising the Med.

If you have time to post again, what can we expect as far as temperatures?

Enjoy the rest of your fantastic voyage!!

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Nancy

Hi Floris,

Hows things? Our ship is in amazing condition and as I said is as brilliant as ever ;)

Hope to chat on msn again (mines iandjm28 at hotmail dot com)

Take care

Ian (and Finn) :D

Hi Ian!

Hope you are having a fabulous time! Keep her in great shape for us...we'll be heading out on June 19th.

By the way, what nights are your formal nights?

Hope to read a review of your trip when you get home.

Hey Ian. Glad to hear things are going well - I'll be on the same itinerary in a couple of weeks and I can't wait!

I heard that Celebrity recently did away with their free shuttles in some cities. Do you know if they still offer a free water taxi in Venice to St. Mark's Square or if they have a free shuttle to the city gates in Dubrovnik?

Looking forward to hearing more stories from your trip.

Karen

Hey Ian. Glad to hear things are going well - I'll be on the same itinerary in a couple of weeks and I can't wait!

I heard that Celebrity recently did away with their free shuttles in some cities. Do you know if they still offer a free water taxi in Venice to St. Mark's Square or if they have a free shuttle to the city gates in Dubrovnik?

Looking forward to hearing more stories from your trip.

Karen

Hi Karen,

Having just returned (May 14 sailing), we paid $8pp for an all day water taxi to St. Mark's Square. In Dubrovnik we docked at old town and were able to walk.

Hope that helps.

Mari

When you are sailing between ports, do you see any picturesque little villages or islands? Or is it just open sea?

When we were on a Rhine river cruise (obviously not the same thing as a cruise on a mega-ship; no activities) there were homes, hotels, churches to be seen all the way down the river. I'm not familiar with the geography of the Mediterranean, so I'm not certain how wide it is.

Thanks in advance, and pardon my ignorance :confused: :p

Archived