Jeep Tour and Rum Point Review

DapnKap

Just got back from the Miracle and we had a fabulous time. Grand Cayman was wonderful and our tour with grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com was excellent!

We got on one of the first tenders (no tender tickets) and we arrived about an hour early for our tour. We hung out with fellow roll call members until Gino arrived. Once he arrived, we made our way to the Avis car rental place near the airport and loaded into our jeeps. We took the top down and off we went. We drove through a residential neighborhood, went through Boden Town and over San Pedro's castle. The cliffs were beautiful and we took lots of pictures.

Gino showed us the damages from the hurricane and it looks like most people have recovered or are trying to. There are lots of homes/land for sale there, so if you're in the market for a vacation spot, it might be a good time to buy! :)

We arrived in Rum Point and had about an hour and half to spend at the beach. I think we had about 12 people on our tour and most of of us were from the Miracle (2 families were from the Disney Magic). The Disney people had an extra hour, but we all went back together.

Rum Point is just as beautiful as people have said. It really looked like a postcard. We easily found a lounge chair and soaked up the sun. The water was beautiful and warm and pretty shallow. We wish we could have spent more time there, but we had to make it back to the ship.

Gino was wonderful and he understood our concerns about getting back to the ship on time. He got us back with about 25 minutes to spare.

The Wreck Bar is fun, a little pricey, but great atmosphere. If you want a hammock, you have to get there really early. There is also a beach volleyball court set up and you can rent wave runners from Sand Dollar Sports (I think $75 per 1/2 hour), water bikes, snorkeling equipment, etc.

It was a nice tour, small and personal. Thumbs Up!

DapnKap, maybe you can help me figure out the time issue. I have booked this same excursion for August 30th. The email I received from them says 9:30am pickup**local time**same as USA Central Daylight Savings Time Zone**Meeting Time: 8:15am**local time**

This has been very confusing to me. I will be on Freedom of the Seas leaving out of Miami which means I will be on the East coast time zone. Our ship gets there at 9:00am ship time. The way I am reading this it sounds like I will only have 15 minutes to get there.

Any insight, since you just took this excursion?

Thanks

Hi Beth,

Our boat (Miracle) stayed on ship time for the entire length of the trip (eastern time). Grand Cayman during this season is an hour BEHIND eastern time.

So, when we arrived at 7am (ship time) it was really 6am Grand Cayman local time. Our tour met at 8:15 local time (9:15 ship time). So, we had plenty of time to meet the tour.

However, on the way back, we had less time to get back to the ship. The tour is about 5 hours (8:15 - 1:15 local) which in ship time was 9:15 - 2:15. Our last tender to the boat was 3pm (ship time), so we had to rush back. Insted of 2 hours at Rum Point, we had just over an hour or so.

I think we got the tender at like 2:30, so we made it back in time, but we did have to watch the clock.

Have fun, you will have a great time!

Archived