------------------------

Sheila

RC Grandeur of the Seas Western Carib 2006

X Millennium October 2005 Mediterranean

Xpedition May 2005 Galapagos

4 X cruises 1998-2004

5 Windjammers 1989-1995

1 NCL long time ago!

Same with Hogwildcruisers messages. Looks as if the solid line throws Firefox.

Just back from a great cruise on the Mercury to Alaska, our first on Celebrity. Has to be the best cruise we have taken, we loved the Mercury and the entire Celebrity experience. My advise to anybody is to book a Celebrity cruise to Alaska, they know how to do Alaska.

check out my webshot photos of our Alaska cruise.

Yes, we trailed you on most parts. We are really happy that your Celebrity experience was good - ours was not. We think that if it is your first cruise experience with a particular line, it really matters. We do understand that each ship is different and each to their own, but we were so, so disappointed. When we boarded, we really expected the "wow" factor, friends that I work with had told me what a great experience they had had with Celebrity, but unfortunately it didn't happen for us. The ports that we did visit, disappointendlingly cut short, were fantastic. However, there are two people (yes, just two) that one of us work with who are looking to do the Alaska experience with next year and there is no way that we would recommend that they cruise on the Summit.

Sorry Piglet your Celebrity experience was not very good, ours was and what made ours work so good for us is the people we meet and become fast friends with, the fact that we don't get on a ship and expect everything to be 100%,things happen that are out of our hands or control and the only thing we can do is have a plan B and go with that. We love to cruise and dress up for diner and dance in the clubs at night and in the day time we lay around on deck or wander the ship and feel that we are very fortunate to be able to be on beautiful ship and enjoy the things that most people never experience. As far as the Alaska cruises, how can anyone not enjoy a cruise there, the Alaska wilderness and scenery is what you book that cruise for and to be able to view all there is to see in the comfort and the service you recieve on a cruise ship, I really don't understand why people can't just except what they have and enjoy the ride. We never expect to be wowed, only expect to have a blast, and we do.

Hi! Thanks for sharing your photos! My parents and sister will be doing this cruise in June and they were wondering what time you were able to board the ship? On Royal Carribean last year we were able to arrive and board around noon even though the paperwork said 2:00! Can they expect the same thing with Celebrity if all goes well with the previous cruise disembarking? Thanks!

Alissa

Meg, hope your cruise goes as good as ours and Alaska can not be beat for a cruise.

Alissa... we got to the pier around 10:30 had to wait for the others to still disembark, but were able to get in line and were on board by 12, when I say line we were in chairs inside. We wish your parents and sister a wonderful cruise.

Hi Steve and Sherri:)

Alissa, I sailed with this wonderful couple:D and would love to

cruise with them again anytime.

Steve is correct, we were on the ship probably between 12 and 12:30.

Steve, we really did have a wonderful time, didn't we.:)

Sorry Piglet your Celebrity experience was not very good, ours was and what made ours work so good for us is the people we meet and become fast friends with, the fact that we don't get on a ship and expect everything to be 100%,things happen that are out of our hands or control and the only thing we can do is have a plan B and go with that. We love to cruise and dress up for diner and dance in the clubs at night and in the day time we lay around on deck or wander the ship and feel that we are very fortunate to be able to be on beautiful ship and enjoy the things that most people never experience. As far as the Alaska cruises, how can anyone not enjoy a cruise there, the Alaska wilderness and scenery is what you book that cruise for and to be able to view all there is to see in the comfort and the service you receive on a cruise ship, I really don't understand why people can't just except what they have and enjoy the ride. We never expect to be wowed, only expect to have a blast, and we do.

DITTO!! We were also on that cruise and feel the same way Steve & Sheri feels. Alaska is not a Caribbean cruise. If the weather is not 100%, grab a blanket, rain coat, or go to the Navigator. The scenery is still breathtaking and different every time. Have fun! P.S. the service & food were the best we've had in our short cruising experience (4 w/Celeb, 1 RCL, 1 Carnival).

Claudia

Thanks for the quick reply! I will let them know! Sounds like you all had a great time! Never thought I would consider an Alaskan cruise (I hate the cold!), but your pictures have definelty got me thinking!!:)

Alissa, the temps that we had in Alaska were great, the coldest I can remember was around 52 and it got as warm as 63 in Juneau, that with a lot of sun, you can not beat. Now with that said, that is not always the case, most of the people that live in Alaska that I talked to, have said that the best time to visit is mid-May to mid-June, that seems to be the driest time of year for Alaska. You should book you a cruise.

We really love zip-lines and the one we chose was the Ropes and Zip-line tour, I believe that is what it is called, it had alot of different things to do besides the zips, if you want more zip-lines you may want to do the wildlife and canopy tour. I really wish we had done that one, but the one we did had some things we had never done before. If you look at our Ketchikan album you will see some of the things you do on that tour.

Archived