Pantyhose and open toed shoes

I have very wide feet, so I have never found a pair of strappy dress shoes that look good on me, so I haven't had to deal with this issue before. I found some nice black shoes that have an open toe and three straps and an ankle strap that actually fit me. My question is can I wear pantyhose with these? I am bringing a black cocktail dress for one of the formal nights and I want to wear these shoes, but I would never wear the dress without pantyhose. Since the dress is not as formal as my other dress (which is full length) I think it needs the little bit snazzier shoes. I don't dress up like this much, so I need the opinion of people more used to dressing like this than me. So what do you think?

Thanks,

Dusty

They make panty hose that are made for sandals. I bought a pair for my last cruise...the panty hose are cut out at the toe and have piece that loops around the big toe...they work great...I bought mine at walmart,

I have very wide feet, so I have never found a pair of strappy dress shoes that look good on me, so I haven't had to deal with this issue before. I found some nice black shoes that have an open toe and three straps and an ankle strap that actually fit me. My question is can I wear pantyhose with these? I am bringing a black cocktail dress for one of the formal nights and I want to wear these shoes, but I would never wear the dress without pantyhose. Since the dress is not as formal as my other dress (which is full length) I think it needs the little bit snazzier shoes. I don't dress up like this much, so I need the opinion of people more used to dressing like this than me. So what do you think?

Thanks,

Dusty

get the pantyhouse that have the all nude toe part.. no lines or heavy enforcing at the toe area..

Thanks,

Dusty

Instead of wearing pantyhose, can you wear a shaper with the dress? They do not sound like an open toe pump but more like a sandal.

For the most part, I think hose should not be worn with open toe shoes.

I wear those toeless hose whenever I feel like I need hose with a summer dress. They look like they will be really uncomfortable, but they aren't. I absolutely cannot stand thong shoes, but these are okay to wear for the evening.

They sell them all over the place now. My suggestion is to be a good quality pair and try them at home first so you will know if they are comfortable to you. Get a colour that is closer to your skin tone, so you don't have white-toe syndrome. ;)

If you find that you can't bear these and you don't want to go with naked legs, then I would go with a pair of sandalfoot hose.

BTW - last cruise I forgot my hose and they didn't have anything but extra small available for sale. My dresses were knee to mid-calf, but I went bare-legged, and once I left the cabin I didn't think twice about it!

HockyBoysMom-

You didn't mention your reason for feeling like you need pantyhose. If it's for the way your feet feel in shoes, this won't help. But if you don't like the way your legs look bare, you may also wish to consider the Airbrush Legs stuff from Sally Hansen: http://www.sallyhansen.com/airbrush_legs.cfm

I've tried it and didn't care that much for it, but to be honest, some people on this board, and folks on a Today Show segment I saw on it, really did like it! It might be worth considering.

I don't care who says it is not right, I wear sandalfoot hose when I wear a formal with fancy, strappy high heeled sandals. Sandalfoot hose along with a fresh pedicure equals a polished look to me. I would never go without sandalfoot hose when I am wearing formal clothes. It would be like going without makeup when dressed in an evening gown. YIKES...no way! :eek:

I am not talking about thong high heeled sandals. Sandalfoot hose would not work with those. Hose would look weird with the thong and hose between your toes. YUK! I am talking about sandalfoot hose with the straps going across the top of your foot. ;) But you knew all of that, right? :D

I typically don't wear hose with an open toed sandal, but there are times when the dress just doesn't look right without them.

So, I get the absolute sheerest hose I can find, Nordstrom has a 6 denier that is so sheer, you can hardly tell you're wearing hose. But, it's enough to improve the look of your leg and make the shoes more comfortable. I get the color closest to my skin tone and you really cannot tell until you get really close to my feet that I have hose on at all. The downside is, they are only good for one wearing, at least for me, I don't care how careful I am, I always get a run or snag on hosiery the first and only wearing.

I could not find them on the website, so if you don't have a Nordstrom close by, perhaps you can call them.

I've tried other brands, but these have always worked best for this purpose for me. If my dress is long enough, I go without hose at all.

I am not talking about thong high heeled sandals. Sandalfoot hose would not work with those. Hose would look weird with the thong and hose between your toes. YUK! I am talking about sandalfoot hose with the straps going across the top of your foot. ;) But you knew all of that, right? :D

living in fla. I've seen the thong sandals with lots of bling and its impossible to wear hose with them. , tanned legs and a good pedi works for those.. gotten spoiled living in fla. and being barefoot or in sandals or open toe styles, heels or no heels, , I think the only time I wear pantyhouse or thigh hi's are on formal nites on a cruise ship :) in that case I buy the all nude ones, no reinforced toe.. gives a much better look and your pedi shows off better!

I don't care who says it is not right, I wear sandalfoot hose when I wear a formal with fancy, strappy high heeled sandals. Sandalfoot hose along with a fresh pedicure equals a polished look to me. I would never go without sandalfoot hose when I am wearing formal clothes. It would be like going without makeup when dressed in an evening gown. YIKES...no way! :eek:

Just in case there are those who may not know or understand...sandalfoot hose are invisible...no re-enforced toe with the darker hose material over the toes... they look nude except better. They smooth out imperfections and make your feet and pedicure look beautiful. ;) But of course...everyone already knew that I am sure. Just wanted to be sure that I was understood. :D

It sounds like I won't look too wierd with hose as long as I get the sandlefoot, which is generally what I buy anyway. I just don't think my cocktail dress would look right without hose. I am a little on the larger size, so they make my legs look better and I am very pale, so they certainly help that. My bare legs against a black dress would just not be attractive :o

I do have a Nordstroms near by, so I will go try those suggested.

Thanks,

Dusty

Archived