Embassy Suites Flagship in downtown New York

Moeve

Has anyone stayed there before? What would be a reasonable price for 2 weekday nights ? Ok while I am at it what would be the best way to get from Newark to the hotel? Any other comments about this hotel are very welcome

This generally ins't a very 'touristy' area and depending upon what you plan on seeing/doing it may not give you the "new york experience".

If you choose to stay at this hotel, here are your options:

Taxi- about $60 plus tolls and tip

MetroLink - take to NEWARK Penn Station (note: not NY Penn Station. Then take the PATH train to the World Trade Center stop (net cost: ~$12/pp)

Bus- take NJ Transit bus to NEWARK Penn Station, then take PATH train as above (not recommended with luggage as there are size and quantity restrictions for the bus, but it's a very inexpensive method ... net cost ~$3 or $4)

Taxi to Hoboken or Jersey City - taxi will cost about $30-$35 if you call a local taxi service to pick you up (you can email/PM me for some local companies) but will cost a bit more if you just take a cab from the taxi line. You can then take the NY Waterway Ferry (only a 5 minute ferry ride but a great way to travel into NYC) and the ferry drops you off a block from the Embassy Suites (net cost: cab fare mentioned above and then $3-$4/pp ferry ride)

Olympia Bus- bus to Port Authority ($12/pp) and then take a cab ($~12 to downtown) or subway to downtown ($2/pp)

I know i gave a lot of info above but feel free to ask me any questions you may have. Obviously taxi is the most convenient, especially with luggage, but the other options may or may not be do-able depending upon the amount of luggage you have, how many people you have traveling, and how able-bodied you are.

We've stayed at this hotel. It's nice in that you have a little more space than the usual hotel room. It is a nice location if you are checking out downtown spots. There are some nice restaurants nearby and it is along the park that borders the Hudson. It is also right across the street from Ground Zero and some rooms overlook the site, which can be quite somber.

Archived