savings for booking on a cruise

I understand from reading these posts that you can save money if you book a cruise while on a cruise. I will be sailing from Balt in June and plan to take a Med cruise next summer. What is the typical savings? Where do I go to see about booking? This is my first cruise and any help is appreciated.

It's not a discount off the cabin; it's on-board credit. DH and I booked a 12-night Med while on the Monarch and received $200 on board credit, for the Med cruise. I assume it's tied into your C&A level, as the sign next to the Loyalty Ambassador's desk said "up to $300 on board credit," and we're Platinum. No complaints from me!

Our last 2 cruises the Loyalty Ambassador was only in office about 2 hours am and 2 hours pm. You had to sign up for appt. and even then the wait was long. With shore excursions booked, etc. last time we could not even get there when open. A good discount if you want the hastle.

Our last 2 cruises the Loyalty Ambassador was only in office about 2 hours am and 2 hours pm. You had to sign up for appt. and even then the wait was long. With shore excursions booked, etc. last time we could not even get there when open. A good discount if you want the hastle.
I'm sorry that your experience was so negative. My experiences have always been extremely positive, with the LA readily available and ready and willing to help.

I'm sorry that your experience was so negative. My experiences have always been extremely positive, with the LA readily available and ready and willing to help.

I echo that, Carol! We waited for another couple to book, and that was it. I suppose if you could make a reservation, that would be even better. I love that the LA Desk is just outside Boleros, on the Monarch! Another excuse to have a Mojito! :p

LL & MM: I will put my 2 cents in as well and 2nd or rather 3rd your reference to the LA. All you have to do is either sign up to make an appt. or call and there is never a problem, even tho their hours may be few we had no problem! Later, Jill:cool:

As a suggestion, review your options before you go on your cruise and try to make the decision on which future cruise you want to sign up for while on your cruise. Then, the first night of your cruise (usually between 5:30 and 8:30) go see the LA. Hardly anybody is ready to sit and plan their cruise the same night they get on the ship. We got in to see the LA without any wait on Day 1. :)

Archived