Do docs take longer when not booked through Carnival?

teammom

We have 2 cabins booked through Carnival and have recieved those docs but have not gotten the ones booked through a TA. Should I start to worry? Tried to call but I could only leave a message.

I have booked numerous time through Expedia and it seems like they take forever to send out the documents. The basic answer they give is "we send the documents out 2-3 weeks prior to your cruise". However, I found out that they often get the documents 4-6 weeks prior and sit on them. Why, I don't know.

Carnival says that they will mail them out 2-3 weeks before your cruise. And that's usually about right.

I would continue calling to find out where your documents are, especially if you have already received some of them. IF for some reason you don't get them before leaving for your cruise, you will still be able to check in at the terminal. Just make sure you go to Carnival's website and fill out their "Fun Pass". You'll need to know your booking number in order to fill it out. Once this has been filled out, then they will have you on their files and check-in will be a breeze.

Good luck and I hope that you get all of your docs soon! Have a great cruise!!

:cool: Bill

Above is correct. A little known fact (at least my Carnival PVP does this for me)... The day I call her to make final payment, I ask that the docs be sent ASAP...and I receive them within 3-5 days. (I just like having them in my hands 'way ahead of the cruise date.):)

I have a question just to settle my curiosity ... I've booked the last few times online through a particular warehouse club and when I have received the docs, they come in an evelope that looks to be directly from Carnival (with logo, etc). Are these coming from from the TA?

The answer is yes, the docs do take longer. Carnival ships them to the TA, who then ships them to you. The extra hop takes time.

Don't worry, the docs won't tell you anything you already know, and you do not even need them to cruise with - it is an e-ticket, which is in the Carnival computers. All you really MUST have when you check in is proper ID.

Don't worry, the docs won't tell you anything you already know, and you do not even need them to cruise with - it is an e-ticket, which is in the Carnival computers. All you really MUST have when you check in is proper ID.

There's a "Welcome Aboard" booklet included with your docs. It has a wealth of information in it. There are some things covered in there that you may have missed on this board.:)

There's a "Welcome Aboard" booklet included with your docs. It has a wealth of information in it. There are some things covered in there that you may have missed on this board.:)

Yes, and there are also those nifty color-coded luggage tags! There's something really fun about filling out those tags. A hint, though: don't put them on your luggage until after you pick up your bags at the airport, just before you go to the cruise terminal. They can get torn off. :)

Archived