Need help re: cabin assignment

Just heard from our travel agent. Our 8/17/07 trip on explorer is selling out very quickly. We are in an E-1 room and the only room left was 7388, when I looked at in it is the aft of the boat. Should I keep trying to change this room. Anybody ever stay at the "back" of the boat?

Many people adore the "aft" balcony cabins for their balcony size and their view of the wake. On The Explorer, there is a super-structure sort of in the way. It bothers some people, and others don't seem to care. It can also be a long walk from anything else on the ship... again, that can be looked at as a pro or a con ;)

I'd go for it, but that's just me!

By the way, we have a strong M&M thread going for this sailing. COme join us at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=338695&page=7

Good Luck!

A~

This is one of the most favored cabins on the ship. There are people who book their cruises based upon whether or not this cabin is available for a given sailing. The balcony is huge, and you have a porthole on the side, for an expanded view. I definitely would give it a try!

Look here for photos, and on the bottom of the page, click on the galleries for all the ships, as the cabin is the same on each of them: http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/onboard/photos/cabins/aft/73887688/73887688.html

btw: We are staying in 1388 on the Mariner, in the same location on the 10th deck. I jumped at the opportunity to have a corner aft cabin.

It is a long walk, but we're not talking miles or anything!! If you have smooth seas, you probably won't notice any difference in the ship's motion. If it's rough, the motion does tend to be more noticable. If you don't suffer motion sickness, then you should be just fine!

how do you find out where you are located on the ship. Our TA has a hold for my sister and myself on the explorer of the sea, deck 9 rooms 950 and 952 Also we have 2 inside state rooms for the children. Are we far away from the childrens pools and playgrounds?

Our parents are on deck 10 room 1608, an owners suite. My concern is that it might be a long walk for my Dad , ( has bad knees,after 65 years standing at 6"8, it tends to happen) and they love to gamble. Can any one help me?or is there a place I can look at and check before confirming these bookings.

Thanks in advance for any insite

Cheers

Colleen

Archived