have u done 2 tours in belize

musicmansmom

i will be in colon panama and limon costa rica. both of which has not turned up any good snorkeling tours. has anyone done two tours in belize?? we will be there from 7am ( i know we have to tender ) untill 4 pm. i would love to snorkel there and i also want to see the ruins ( altun ha ) . is this duable . i will use the ship tours if i can to be save with my time. i know i will be rushing to get in both but they are both important too me.

i will call carnival and ask if i can, but i am just wondering if anyone has done this??

thanks for any help.

thanks for the help guys. i have decided to go to the ruins. i can snorkel in other ports but the ruins are in belize. so it is the altun ha tour that i will take and make sure i get back to the ship in time.

I think the two mentioned would not work out time wise. We are going to do 2 onour trip ...an early carraiage tour (2 hrs) & then a snorkel trip in the afternoon--both with our cruise line--just to make sure we return in time! We want to snorkel but also see some of the port itself...

I think the two mentioned would not work out time wise. We are going to do 2 onour trip ...an early carraiage tour (2 hrs) & then a snorkel trip in the afternoon--both with our cruise line--just to make sure we return in time! We want to snorkel but also see some of the port itself...

i figured i was asking for too much in one port . i feel if you are there you must see the ruins and the other ports -- panama and limon are not known for their good snorkeling. so i am going to do the ruins and enjoy seeing them. i will snorkel on another cruise in the future. thanks for your input. your tours sound very nice. have a great time.

We did the trip to Alta Ha Ruins in May it was about 4 hrs not counting the tender. We did the Tale of Two Cities. The busses were waiting for us as we left the tender. First to Belize City,then a ride to the ruins. We had a great tour guide and there were people from both Carnival and Royal Caribbean on the same bus. You really learn the history of this country. We returned from the bus ride around 2:15 and had time to walk around the terminal for a short while. We were back on the ship at 2:50. We enjoyed learning about the country.

We did the trip to Alta Ha Ruins in May it was about 4 hrs not counting the tender. We did the Tale of Two Cities. The busses were waiting for us as we left the tender. First to Belize City,then a ride to the ruins. We had a great tour guide and there were people from both Carnival and Royal Caribbean on the same bus. You really learn the history of this country. We returned from the bus ride around 2:15 and had time to walk around the terminal for a short while. We were back on the ship at 2:50. We enjoyed learning about the country.

altun ha is the ruins i want to see. i have given up on doing 2 tours because of the time frame. even with carnival i would not be able to squeeze 2 in. can you tell me what kind of weather you had when you were there? i will be there the 2nd week of april and am wondering about humidity and the temp. i live in the midwest so i know all about being in a humid climate. but i havent heard much about what it is like there in april/may. thanks alot.

If you are into adventure and want to do two tours, one that I would recommend base on personal experience would be the zip line and cave tubing tour. Reason being that they are both in the same location, so you can save a lot of time and still have all the fun in one area and don't have to worry about rushing a tour. I did my tour with Belize shourex.com so you can check them out and see if they have other combination tours for you.

thanks for the great tip on the two tours. i will think about it :)

Archived