Port Canaveral Departure: Where to Stay?!

aearly

Hey all,

I am taking the Mariner out of Port Canaveral on August 5th. I have NO idea where to stay though... Are the hotels close to the pier? I would love to stay at a nice place thats close to the pier!

Also, how about transportation to the pier in the morning?

Never been to Port Canaveral before.

Thanks!

Yes there are plenty of places to stay. Ron Jon Resort, Radison...do a google search. But if flying into MCO (quick 50 min to port canaveral) you could consider staying in that area...taking in a park before the cruise or just all the nightlife in that area. We always rent a car. The drop off is 5 min from the port and free shuttle given. If you want to stay by the port search for hotels that may include free shuttle to the port. Good Luck. Look in Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.

We live just south of PC. A lot of cruisers seem to stay in Cocoa at the Radisson, or at the Hilton. There is also a Holiday Inn Express in the general vicinity. If you're spending an extra day or two, you might want to check out Ron Jon's resort. The beach at Cocoa is nice ... lots of activity with all of the Orlando types coming out this way. Don't stay as far south as Melbourne - that's probably a 30-40 minute drive. There aren't any hotels at the Port, just a few restaurants.

From what I have read, there are shuttles from the Radisson, but do look at their websites for details. Cocoa Beach is maybe a 10 minute (5 miles) drive from the Port.

You could also stay in Orlando. The airport is 45 minutes from Port Canaveral. The resort areas are about an hour. Those times are dependent on traffic.

InShape, that is very helpful.

We are actually flying down (all 8 of us) the day before... so we will not be doing any parks. We have friends in Orlando whom we will visit for the afternoon before driving (a rented car) to Port Canaveral...

With that in mind, the car-rental place that provides free transportation to the port sounds very appealing! Do you know which one it is?

we are staying at the new embassy suites next to the radison at the port- thrifty rental car will run you to the ship and is close by - have a great cruise- you will love the mariner.........

A great area to stay is Cocoa Beach. Closest to the pier is the Radisson. I stayed at the Doubletree. I rented a car and the rental company gave me a free ride to the pier. From the Radisson even a taxi would only be a few bucks. However, the Radisson might offer a free shuttle.

We sailed Mariner in May of 2005 ( with 17 in our party ) and in May of 2004.I highly recommend Raddison at the Port in Cocoa Beach.Great place, wonderful pool fantastic restaurant next door for a great breakfast before boarding ( it's a Greek restaurant with a great southern breakfast) Also the Hotel offers free shuttle to the port & free parking (fenced and guarded) on the hotel grounds.You have to ask for the shuttle package when you book the room and then call about 3 to 4 weeks ahead of arrival to researve a shuttle seat, but at any rate I see it as the best deal around

We made arrangements blind in 2004 and they were near perfect. We flew into MCO and rented a car one way to PC with Budget. The Budget office is a couple block walk to the Radisson. Budget also has a shuttle to the port and will pick you up after the cruise. We were upgraded free to an SUV last time, but will pass this next cruise because of gas. The ride to the port is booorrrrrring. Flat and nothing once you leave Orlando until you get to the rivers near the port. For lodging we are staying in Orlando this year because we are saving about $60 vs staying in the port.

I live 1 1/2 hours from port canaveral so I have not had the need to stay there, but I do know that there is a board on here called "Hotels-pre and post cruise" that has a ton of useful information that may help add to the great suggestions already posted here.

good luck in your search:)

Either Budget or Avis. Depending on coupons and discounts all people have they are the cheapest. And they both have sunday shuttle service. Call both. Make a reservation on both. Then keep checking. They often do change prices--and they will lower it if it goes lower.

We stayed at the Radisson near the port. You can see the ships from there. Nice pool area, shuttle to the pier. Gets kinda crowded during shuttle times though.

there is a new residence inn just down the street from the radisson that offers some larger suites with breakfast--though no shuttle--that is worth looking into and comparing with the popular radisson. we drive down and have always parked at the port ($12 a day) so the parking deal at the radisson is something that I always factor in to see if it is really going to save me anything--with your car rental and the rental car's shuttle to the port option, you might find the residence worth comparing for your larger group of 8.

We stayed at the Radisson at the Port pre-cruise and loved it. They had one of the best resort pools. They also have a free shuttle service to the port. If you rent a car, Budget offers a free shuttle service and they are very close to the Radisson (about 1/4 mile away).

We stayed at the Residence Inn June 3&4. It DOES offer a shuttle for $6 per person round trip. We could select a 11, 11:30 or 12 pick ups. They pull a trailer to accomodate lots of luggage.:D The driver was waiting for us when we got off the ship around 9:30. Very easy. They have a hot breakfast bar, pool, grill, if you want to cook, besides kitchen in the suite.

Radissin is no longer the closest. Quality Inn is, with the Residence between the two, but all are still very close.

We've used priceline for a hotel in this port area in the past and received wins at the Hilton the first time and the Holiday Day Inn the second time. I wasn't in the group that went to the Holiday Day Inn but it looked fabulous and the family came back with great reviews. The Hilton we liked fine as it had a great beach location and was a short drive for us to the port.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all,

I am taking the Mariner out of Port Canaveral on August 5th. I have NO idea where to stay though... Are the hotels close to the pier? I would love to stay at a nice place thats close to the pier!

Also, how about transportation to the pier in the morning?

Never been to Port Canaveral before.

Thanks!

Hi,

There are many hotels in the port area. So far, only the Radisson at the Port offers FREE transport to the pier. Rates are around $118 with no choice of room location and no refunds. There is the new Residence Inn right next to the Radisson for around $123 AA rate, but no transport to pier. Must pay taxi or other to transport. There is the Country Inn and Suite brand-new May, but rates are very high. The Holiday Inn and Doubletree in Cocoa are good too, but no transport.

If you find something else, please post.

K

We just returned..we stayed at the DoubleTree Oceanfront Resort....got a 2 DB oceanview room with balcony for 95.00....!! Thumbs UP!!!

Enjoyed the pool, the beach, and the location! Pool a little small...but definately would return!!!!

They would arrange a shuttle for 4.00 per person each way. We did NOT use the shuttle, so I can not comment on it, but i know they have it, because we thought about it...but decieded that the inconvience of waiting ect, was not worth the hassle!

We're staying precruise at the Hampton Inn North and they offer free continental breakfast and free shuttle to/from airport and to/from port.

Kim

After checking out Hampton Inn's website, I found nothing that refers to "free shuttle service" anywhere. Can I ask where you found this information? There will be 6 of us sailing on the Mariner 8-20 and will be going down 2 days prior. This would be great!

Thanks

I just called them this afternoon and they do offer a free shuttle to and from the pier. Call the hotel directly and they will give the info.

We will probably be staying there in September.

• 7 months later...

Inshape / or any suggestions:

We (party of 8) are flying into Orlando the day before our cruise. We want to go to Universal. Should we rent a van? And if so would we be able to drop off by the pier the next day? Any suggestions of a good hotel by Universal..And then I am guessing we would need transfers back to the airport at the end of the cruise. (We wanted to go to Kennedy Space Center first). Not sure if we can make this happen. Any input will be appreciated !

Thanks

Archived