ALCOHOL on board

Just wondering but I thought you are allowed to purchase and bring alcohol to your room. If I remember correctly the person in the duty free shop told me that they charge you more for the bottle but for a fee you can take it to your room.

Is this true and if so are the prices then comparable to what you would buy at home and try and sneak on board anyway.

I am not talking about buying duty free from the islands and sneaking that on board. The other thread about sneaking it on board seemed to be alot of people sneaking it on the first day from home.

Not on Royal Caribbean.

Any alcohol you buy in the onboard shop will be delivered to your room the last night of the cruise for you to carry off with you the next day.

In the past you could purchase alcohol in the store on board, pay a $10.00 fee per bottle, and then take it to your stateroom. We always did this the first day of the cruise. With the fee it was about equal to what you would pay at home. This all ended this past year. This is why people are sneaking it on board on embarkation. We probably will too. Yes, I know it is against the rules but that's life. Posters.....Please do not start getting all self rightous on me. I know that there are plenty of other rules broken also. Save your typing because whatever is said won't change my mind.

Happy sailing!

You can go to the bar, buy some drinks and take them to your room. It's not that they frown on alcohol in your room, they just want it to be THEIR alcohol!

It's the same reason you can't bring beer or whatever into an NFL football game and have to pay $6.25 a beer!

Here is the non RCCL rules! If you bring any alcohol beverages aboard, and you are caught..........you forfeit the liquor for that voyage. You do get it back at the end of the voyage. If you want to flaunt it, they will take it away.

If your are descreet, and maybe have a bottle rolled up in the middle of your suitcase, and it doesn't break ( I have heard stories of breakage) then you are home free. Just order a bucket of ice, and enjoy!

Rick

From what I have been told, you can purchase a bottle of something from room service and have it delivered to your room. It costs more, but at least you can have it with you. I was told that a bottle of a nice Vodka was around $30 give or take a few. If this is true, it is totally worth it to have that bottle and not have to bring it with me. I don't like to smuggle, but I have in the past just to have a bottle in the room. If I can order a bottle from room service, I will never smuggle again. To much to carry/worry about.

Archived