Feedback on "Sicily Life" or any other Taormina guide needed

JeterCab

We just returned from our 12 day Med trip on Liberty.

In Sicily, we used SicilyLife.com. We booked via email with Sebastiano and he responded within a couple of days. We were met at the ship dock on time by a driver named Alesandro in a nice 7 passanger van - air conditioned. He was quite fluent in english, was very knowledgable abouit the area and shared that knowledge with us though the whole trip.

He first took us up to a mountain town with a chruch that was damaged by a earthquake. While in the town, we met Sebastiano who was conducting another tour group. He seemed like a very nice guy as well.

Alesandro then took us to Mt Aetna to see the lava flows (the valcano is still active and was rumbling while we were up there.) We got up there before the tour buses. He walked around the craters with us pointing out and explaining the recent disruptions.

We then drove to the Murgo winery (a nice visit, but only so-so wine) and he toured us around into the cellar and bottling area.

We then drove down to Taormina and stopping several places along the way for photo opportunities. He dropped us in the town with several suggestions for lunch (all were closed at mid day, however) and arranged to meet us in about 2 hours. We found a restaurant open and had a nice lunch and walked around the shops a bit. We ran out of time for the greek theater. If visiting the theater is is important to you, skip either the winery or lunch.

We got back to the ship about an hour before sailing, totally exhausted and very warm.

The price for the 6 of us was 360 Euros (we added a 10% tip) paid in cash at the end of the tour - translate that to about $85 per person. A similar trip on a Carnival bus was $130 per person. Clearly this was the better choice. I heartily recommend this company and this tour of Sicily

• 2 years later...
I am totally confused - have read all these reviews and now I am on a Sicily Life website which says at the top http://www.sicily-tour.net and has Sebastiano and Antonio as the owners.

Looks like Sicily Life and Sicilty Tour are one and the same.

Anybody got any updated information?

The post above yours is 3 years old; perhaps since then, the two companies merged.

• 6 months later...

Did either of the recent posterd (2009) use either of these tour companies? If so, what was your experience and would you recommend them. Also, can you suggest names of any drivers/guides within these companies to request? Thanks for your help!!

• 4 years later...

We booked a tour through Sicily Life last November (2013) and were very pleased with the entire process. They were very prompt with their communication and answered all of my questions and concerns. Our driver was definitely just as much a tour guide and he was FANTASTIC!!! Our group of 8 (that I put together from our Roll Call) had a really, really great day!

Yes, you have to give them a credit card to hold your booking, but there is no deposit and no charge if your ship does not dock. They will only charge the card if you don't show up for your tour. I believe you can cancel up to a day before (without charge). I e-mailed my tour confirmation and then used their secure site to enter my credit card info. I did not have any problems whatsoever.

We have also used these people twice. Once arranged by another cc member, and last fall I made the booking. Two different guides, both absolutely excellent. We had the best day of our trip with Them last year. Tour for four of us, very personalized, exceeded all our expectations. Would use them in a heartbeat if we were in their area again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums