voyager pools

RCI pools are the same salt water that you will be swimming in when you go to the beach at the ports of call. Frankly I don't see what the big deal is with chlorinated pools and find RCI's pools equally refreshing and lacking the heavy chlorine smell that you often find in fresh water pools. :)

RCI pools are the same salt water that you will be swimming in when you go to the beach at the ports of call. Frankly I don't see what the big deal is with chlorinated pools and find RCI's pools equally refreshing and lacking the heavy chlorine smell that you often find in fresh water pools. :)

Obviously it does matter or I would not have asked the question. I am alergic to salt water so therefore it would be a big deal.... :mad:

I don't get the negative responses to very polite and simple questions. Geeze learn some manners.......putting a smilie face after a post doesn't cover the tone.

Obviously it does matter or I would not have asked the question. I am alergic to salt water so therefore it would be a big deal.... :mad:

Hi Molly~~

Maybe look into cruising on Princess. I lurk around their boards sometimes, and I believe I have seen posts about their freshwater pools.

Bon Voyage whichever line you choose.

Leslie

One or the other (family or solarium) will be open while the other is being cleaned. The hot tubs are treated water--so you may be able to get in them. But beware--folks do hop from the salt water pool into the hot tubs, so some salt may transfer! I believe the showers at the pool deck are fresh water.

For me, saltwater is not as refreshing as fresh water, and it also stings my eyes. I love to swim in the ocean, but when I swim in a pool I definitely prefer freshwater.

Having said that (hoping RCCL will read it and change everything all because of me!) I don't think you will really spend that much time actually in the pool. The pools are small and often too crowded for actual swimming. Most people just take a dip to cool off. You can lounge in your bathsuit by the pool as much as you want without coming in contact with the saltwater! Also, the crowded pool area pales in comparison to the other exciting activities that are always going on onboard.

For me, saltwater is not as refreshing as fresh water, and it also stings my eyes. I love to swim in the ocean, but when I swim in a pool I definitely prefer freshwater.

I'm the exact opposite. I have a problem with the chlorine hurting my eyes, but I love swimming in salt water. And I do swim in the pools onboard daily.

Ditto what Robinob said...................Salt water, but not 24/7. They empty and refill them daily.

There is always at least one of the 3 pools open at all times. They keep one open while they are cleaning and refilling the other ones.

I'm not a big swimmer, I just like hanging out NEAR water! I find the poolside fresh water showers very refreshing when I need a splash! Don't know if that would be enough for you, but it is definetly not salty. (My margaritas are not, either):D

Archived