Best way to get to Rum Point

tripseeker

Been looking at trip advisor and it has some great reviews about Rum Point. Was wandering if anyone has been there, and if so, the best (cheapest) way to get there from the ship terminal. Any extra info would be great too!

I've read a few ways to get there,

1. Rent a jeep and drive it, although it will take a considerably amount of time to get there.

2. I understand the ferry is still not running, so I don't think that is an option.

3. Book an excursion that includes Rum Point.

4. Try the Cayman Activity Guide link on this forum.

I think the cheapest way would be to rent a vehicle and drive there. It's about a 45 minute drive (each way). The other option would be to do a tour that includes the stingrays and Rum Point. I don't think the ferry is up and running just yet.

If you rent a car, you can drive there first thing and avoid the crowds. The day we were there, it was packed (we didn't get there until 1:00).

We rented from Andy's the week we were there.

We rented a car and drove out. It was around $60 for the day and there were 4 of us. We picked up a shuttle right off the cruise ship to the airport. We reserved the car from Avis in advance. What a great day it was! The drive is very scenic and you can stop at the blow holes and other places. It's easy to get around and we felt very safe. The island is only 22 miles long by at the most 8 miles wide, so there isn't much chance of getting hopelessly lost. There isn't much traffic once out of Georgetown. They do drive on the left however. Rum point is just beautiful. We were almost the only people there when we went in Sept. 2003.

kitty

Last year we took a rays, reef and Rum Point tour through Nativeway. After swimming with the rays and snorkleing at the Coral Gardens, the tour guide passed out menus for lunch, took our orders and phoned them in. Soon after we arrived at Rum Point, the staff served us a wonderful lunch (all included in the price of the tour). Afterward there is time to explore, swim, sit on the beach or drink (alcohol not included in the price but the drinks were great!). Also there are some little shops. We enjoyed it so much we are doing it again this November.

Martinscruise

When you were done at Rum Point were you given a ride back to the ship or were you on your own from there?? I have heard you get free Rum punch on that excursion, is that true????

We came back via boat and van. While on the boat ride, the guide gave us some interesting info about the real estate we went past. After docking we got into vans to go back to town. We still had time to do some shopping before getting on the tender. Unfortunately there wasn't any free rum punch as in many excursions:( . We did get a lot for our money though with the tour and the lunch which included fresh brewed iced tea. At Rum Point we bought our own alcoholic drinks. I highly recommend this tour group!

Archived